2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
    anyone know of someone who provides dozer work north of antlers? we are off one creek road and need a road put in. no sense in fixing the old road as it is 3 miles long and we only want to use it for atv travel moving forward. thinking we need about a day worth of work done to clear out some bottom land by the creek to our camp. it will save 30 min off the drive as our front entry gate/road is treacherous, bumpy, rocky, crappy, and not fun as you have to drive 5mph. id like a name and number if anyone has a lead. looking to have it done before bow season starts.

I had a guy do work for me up in Clayton. His name is Joe Little 918-207-7737 and is a real nice guy. Kinda reminds me of Jim Tom form moonshiners...... He loves to talk

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
      anyone know of someone who provides dozer work north of antlers? we are off one creek road and need a road put in. no sense in fixing the old road as it is 3 miles long and we only want to use it for atv travel moving forward. thinking we need about a day worth of work done to clear out some bottom land by the creek to our camp. it will save 30 min off the drive as our front entry gate/road is treacherous, bumpy, rocky, crappy, and not fun as you have to drive 5mph. id like a name and number if anyone has a lead. looking to have it done before bow season starts.

My wife's distant cousin has a dozen service in Nashoba. PM me if you want to get in touch with him.

Comment

I done done it. I talked about them too much and they showed up.Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24454247
        But in other news, the buddies are looking real nice! Along with our first non typical for the property in years. Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0169.jpg
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	24454249Click image for larger version

Name:	MFDC0349.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	24454248Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0199.jpg
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	24454250
        Oh lord I'm ready to start flinging out dirt naps.

Comment

dang, good looking deer! all i'm getting are does and fawns......

Comment

started building this for the kiddos, i may have to use it late season as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

dang that 8pt is a hoss.

thanks for the recommendations. i talked to one of the lead members and apparently our neighbor has a dozer. he is going to see if he is willing. if not ill be sure to call the guys mentioned above.

nice stand. where did you get those brackets that hold the bottom of the box?

Comment

I got the brackets at Home Depot, they are called elevator brackets. They are about $85 but put 4x4's at perfect angle.

I got all my windows and door from deerview windows down south of FTW.

On another note, Argyle feed store has Texas Wildlife Supply "old timer" 600# feeder on sale this month for $550. It's a great feeder for the price and coon proof.

Comment

I used those elevator brackets in the blind we built last year. Good deal and perfect for this size application.

Comment

We made a quick trip to the property Sunday to check on things, pull pics and add mineral blocks. We have a pic of one of the better bucks we've seen and our friendly bear is back.

Comment

That's a great looking blind kva, those brackets give me all kinds of ideas!

Comment

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                        We made a quick trip to the property Sunday to check on things, pull pics and add mineral blocks. We have a pic of one of the better bucks we've seen and our friendly bear is back.

We can't get the bucks to get near our feeders. The doe are showing up but the bucks clear out when the feeder goes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                          We can't get the bucks to get near our feeders. The doe are showing up but the bucks clear out when the feeder goes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Our bucks come to feeders this is year 4 or 5 of feeders on the property so that may make a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one feeder that I put up last spring that I had doe hit it for 3 weeks in October and then disappear. Filled that feeder this on May 4th and have steadily had doe coming to it since May 23rd. So far not a single buck has been caught on cam in the area. Thankfully the hogs aren't as thick as they were last year. I will be filling up the PVC feeders next week.

Comment

I found the bucks really love the mineral blocks and only show up when I have those out there. The antler max blocks seem to be the best and the bucks hit them all day long. I just added a trace mineral salt block as well and will find out how well that works on my next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                                I found the bucks really love the mineral blocks and only show up when I have those out there. The antler max blocks seem to be the best and the bucks hit them all day long. I just added a trace mineral salt block as well and will find out how well that works on my next trip.

I've found the same thing. We try to keep trace minerals and salt out at our stations year round.

Looking forward to following along.

Comment

Working...
                                X