2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
    Hoping to get up there in the next few weeks to get some more work done and check cameras. Have a good feeling about this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to clear all the SD cards when I go on the 22nd, as always I'll send you the good photos.

Comment

The bears are back!

Comment

Yessir. The Bears are just reminding us that they are around to help check the feeders, make sure the pop ups are properly ventilated and the cams are taste tested.

We are heading up to cycle cams, hang another feeder, etc next weekend over the long holiday. Looking forward to seeing how the antlers are developing.

Comment

Nothing really big on camera yet but we currently don't have a camera on the food plot that we had the group of 7 bucks at a few months ago. That will be remedied this weekend. I haven't even checked that area since I broadcast the beans in with the clove plot that was there.

Comment

Went up and did a lot of work today. Cleared new plot by the lake, planted a bunch of plot screen, took down rifle tower blind, and going to recycle into bow blind. We also filled protein/corn, fertilized clover, and spayed all plots.

Comment

This guy got my attention!

Comment

Potential

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

This guy got my attention!
                Looks like he has some potential, gonna be a great 8 and still looks pretty young.

Comment

finally had a decent one show on camera this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading to God's country tomorrow after work. Taking the family for much needed R&R.

Plus, will be taking a new bear proof feeder to put up at Will's spot. Pics to come.

It's been a while....

Comment

Well, got to hang my
                      son's feeder and managed to strip the set screw on the spinner. Two tubes if JB weld at the house and none here in the mountains. Figures.

The feeder repair bear didn't have a feeder to slap around like a red headed stepchild so he took a few swipes at Will's blind.

Got everything up and will mount the thrower next trip.

Got some interesting video on a few cams. Will post them up once I get a chance this week. Buck, bear and possible big, long tail putty tat.

The deer have tons to eat right now.

Comment

Got on a hot scrape late last summer and had multiple shooter bucks and doe after doe visiting it. If you walked through this area you wouldn't think much of it. I didn't until I saw the volume of activity. After some scouting I think I'm on a main travel route between a bedding area in a thick planted pine stand and a cedar bottom. I sat this area out of my climber four times last year and saw multiple does and juvenile bucks on each sit (except one in the pouring rain). The one time I decided to move down 100 yards or so toward the cedar bottom I had one of our shooters appear within 25 yards and cruise right to the scrape.

I pulled my card this weekend and see that one of our shooters is back. I haven't pulled his pic from last year but that rack is distinctive. Here are a couple of videos.

Put up some shooting sticks and hung a stand this morning.

Shot three does from this immediate area last season and let multiple bucks walk looking for big boy. Looking forward to this fall.

Looks like two others like the area too.
                        Bear:

Mystery Guest:

Watch the first few seconds of the "mystery guest" video. What do you make of that gate and tail?

Comment

Got away from friends in Paris, TX long enough for a quick camera pull run. Happy to see the old man and his friend still hanging around.Click image for larger version

Name:	MFDC0150.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	24450263
                          Got my first fawn pictures too!Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	24450264Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0037.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24450265
                          And big ugly is still kicking around Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0058.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24450266

Comment

Texahoman, the fawns are definitely in season right now. Have about half my cams in video mode and have never seen my wife so interested in my game cams as when she started seeing fawns prancing through with "Mom". Dang, she's all over the pics now! "How cute......oh, how sweet." she says. I'm thinking, give'em a year and they'll be real sweet..and tender with some fried potatoes.

Fun seeing them though.

Comment

Great pics and great progress so far, thanks for sharing. We have a few velvet pics but I'll wait until our next trip to post them, maybe another 2 weeks. That looks like a cat's tail to me but it's moving really quickly like a pig. I'm not sure.

Comment

Here are some velvet pics and new stand I put up.

Comment

Working...
                                X