Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuned in.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
      Tuned in.

Been slow since Tuesday at my place. Seen a ton of does and my two buddies have each seen a shooter but no shots. Both bucks made scrapes. There are a ton of scrapes in woods. Shoot gotta go doe headed this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found out who my neighbor is. They had a heck of a year last year. Buck on top right I passed multiple times. Now I know why hedisappeared.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a heck of a year indeed. Dang.

Comment

What Ron said^^^^^^

Comment

I got our cull 6 Saturday morning. I thought about letting him make it another year but he is the first deer to give me a shot this season so I took it. First antlered deer with a bow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What does the cull 6 look like

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                    I got our cull 6 Saturday morning. I thought about letting him make it another year but he is the first deer to give me a shot this season so I took it. First antlered deer with a bow!

Congrats BG. This one was the toughest.

Comment

well i haven't posted a little while. party because I've been chasing a monster near where i live (collin county, TX), and secondly because our ML season was a bust. We had five guys in camp for five days and managed one doe via a bow. cut the trip short and came home mid week. i cant remember a season where the hunting was so slow. for comparison we took nine deer last ML season at uor place and a couple of them were dandies.

had a camera stolen, saw a poacher..to far off to even yell, and the hot weather killed us. went to the screaming eagle and got the skinny form the worlds most notorious poacher. said he killed 17 bucks last year... dang if i didn't see photos of most of them with his beagles hanging off of them. apparently they run dogs on weekdays when the hunter go home. man he had some 160" bruisers he had poached... i was mad but not fighting mad (dude was huge) so i played along to see the photos.

Sunday morning I shot that a wide ugly one i posted the other day. one drop of blood and four chunks of bone fragments...... no deer. AGGGGGH

going back up for round two for the week after thanksgiving. prob bow hunting but may buy rifle tag. hard though as I already dropped the 280 on both the ML and Archery tags..

i need a mood changer. down and out.. hopefully this 150 something i am chasin locally will show up and get my mojo back in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                        well i haven't posted a little while. party because I've been chasing a monster near where i live (collin county, TX), and secondly because our ML season was a bust. We had five guys in camp for five days and managed one doe via a bow. cut the trip short and came home mid week. i cant remember a season where the hunting was so slow. for comparison we took nine deer last ML season at uor place and a couple of them were dandies.

had a camera stolen, saw a poacher..to far off to even yell, and the hot weather killed us. went to the screaming eagle and got the skinny form the worlds most notorious poacher. said he killed 17 bucks last year... dang if i didn't see photos of most of them with his beagles hanging off of them. apparently they run dogs on weekdays when the hunter go home. man he had some 160" bruisers he had poached... i was mad but not fighting mad (dude was huge) so i played along to see the photos.

Sunday morning I shot that a wide ugly one i posted the other day. one drop of blood and four chunks of bone fragments...... no deer. AGGGGGH

going back up for round two for the week after thanksgiving. prob bow hunting but may buy rifle tag. hard though as I already dropped the 280 on both the ML and Archery tags..

i need a mood changer. down and out.. hopefully this 150 something i am chasin locally will show up and get my mojo back in gear.
                        I couldn't have sat there and listened to that without saying anything

Comment

I'm actually wondering if any info was relayed to anyone with a badge....hopefully....and I would certainly expect so.

Comment

That doesn't surprise me, 2 of the day I was up there I heard hounds baying like they were on a track. I was hoping it was someone running hogs.

Comment

Well I hunted over the weekend had the buck I shot a couple weeks ago at 25 yards but needed a little more day light, then he left chasing a doe. Also had this 10 come within 30 yards facing me the whole time, he left without a shot opportunity. Looks like the bucks are back at thier scrapes and chasing doe pretty hard. Never seen a mature doe all weekend. I could hear doe blowing every hunt, I'm sure the bucks have them run ragged and they were blowing at them.

My deer sightings this year are minimal compared to last season. There are a ton of coyote and hogs I'm sure keeping the deer away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                                I couldn't have sat there and listened to that without saying anything

I probably would have been pretty upset myself but you gotta realize that you aren't in Kansas anymore (wizard of Oz reference) standing at the bar at the screaming eagle. Pop off and that big guy's 12 cousins, uncles, etc are coming out of the woodwork and you magically wake up without teeth looking like the freak off of the Goonies.

A man will reap what he sows. Their kind will get what's coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X