No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went up today and tilled in fertilizer. Getting ready to plant irrigated Soybeans, milo, and Egyptian wheat for plot screen. Clover is looking incredible, just going to let it ride another 2 weeks before I mow it. Still to wet to clear lake plot, but thinking Friday is going to be the day with no rain in the forecast till Saturday.

Comment

I'm going to scout this area Saturday any suggestions?

Comment

Or this spot

Comment

Arrowslinger, I'm sure you know all of this, but here we go: walk those transition areas in timber and look for tracks and trails to indicate where the deer are traveling, travel said trails until you find bedding areas, then travel back up the trails and look for potential food sources. Set cameras accordingly.

Comment

Found another big hog wallow while scouting the lease a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
              Arrowslinger, I'm sure you know all of this, but here we go: walk those transition areas in timber and look for tracks and trails to indicate where the deer are traveling, travel said trails until you find bedding areas, then travel back up the trails and look for potential food sources. Set cameras accordingly.
              Yes sir thanks. That was my plan.

Comment

Then rinse and repeat.

Comment

I put a feeder at the yellow dot. The black dots I will hand corn and run cameras later this summer.

Comment

Have you guys ever tried making small food plots with just a rake in the rocky soil in SE OK? Trying to make a couple kill plots on the public land I hunt.

Comment

Check out the photos and video I have posted. The video is in a logging cut that didn't have a ton of rocks and was prepped with only a rake and hoe. The photos are on a rocky hill on a logging cut, no prep work at all. We just over seeded a 50 pound bag of fall mix w/clover from Justin Seed Co. Did the plots in September but they really came in this spring.

Comment

Have you guys ever tried making small food plots with just a rake in the rocky soil in SE OK? Trying to make a couple kill plots on the public land I hunt.

Ron, I haven't personally but I've seen some folks do pretty well using this.

Comment

Did this one couple weeks ago.

Comment

Comment

This was the progression from December through the end of March on the spot we just over seeded without working the soil (rock) in any way. Just did a heavy broad cast of the seed, one 50 pound bag of the seed.
                              Not all of it took put what did is drawing critters. We went from getting hog pictures on this hill to getting deer, turkey, hogs, bobcats and coyotes.

Comment

The bear is back.

Comment

Working...
                                X