No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna take the new lease member Crook Hunter up Wednesday to show him the lease, pull cards and maybe put some feed in the feeders to prevent wasp nests. Hoping to get fertilizer on the small plots but may have to wait on that. Really need to do some scouting and shed hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
      Gonna take the new lease member Crook Hunter up Wednesday to show him the lease, pull cards and maybe put some feed in the feeders to prevent wasp nests. Hoping to get fertilizer on the small plots but may have to wait on that. Really need to do some scouting and shed hunting.

Sounds like a good time! Be safe.

Comment

Nothing like scheduling conflicts to postpone a trip. Didn't get up there this week, won't be able to until the 30th now. Have a feeling I will have dead batteries in some of the cams when I do get up there.

Comment

Here now and the plots are looking good. Have seen a ton of deer on this trip, the plots and protein have been getting hammered and the growth has finally started to outpace the grazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post

Here now and the plots are looking good. Have seen a ton of deer on this trip, the plots and protein have been getting hammered and the growth has finally started to outpace the grazing.

Yessir! That plot is looking great. Nice work.

Comment

Well, I've got permission to hunt a 160 acres in Hughes Co. I'm hoping to run up there in a couple of weeks and put some cameras up and throw some corn out. I don't have the funds for a feeder just yet, so i'll probably just wind up throwing corn on the ground. I can't hunt it during muzzle loader or rifle season per the land owners request, but it doesn't get hunted on besides those times.

If all works out like I hope, I can hunt there, hunt public land, and hopefully make it out to Missouri with some guys I know. All in all, should be a good year and hopefully I'll get lucky and get a buck on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                Well, I've got permission to hunt a 160 acres in Hughes Co. I'm hoping to run up there in a couple of weeks and put some cameras up and throw some corn out. I don't have the funds for a feeder just yet, so i'll probably just wind up throwing corn on the ground. I can't hunt it during muzzle loader or rifle season per the land owners request, but it doesn't get hunted on besides those times.

If all works out like I hope, I can hunt there, hunt public land, and hopefully make it out to Missouri with some guys I know. All in all, should be a good year and hopefully I'll get lucky and get a buck on the ground.

Ron, sounds like things are looking up! It's those places that "don't get hunted except during gun season" that can really produce in Oklahoma! Looking forward to following along on the adventure.

Comment

2015 was a Rough year for us hunting. I worked way to much and only hunted a couple times. I did put meat in the freezer when I was hunting with my daughter who is now hooked on bow hunting. I need to figure out a new set up and adjust my location for this year. I now have my 1st grand child who in a couple years might be my new hunting partner.

Comment

Cuteness factor is 10. Congrats!

Stay with the OK buck chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                      Ron, sounds like things are looking up! It's those places that "don't get hunted except during gun season" that can really produce in Oklahoma! Looking forward to following along on the adventure.

Thanks Micah, I've got high hopes this year!

Comment

Food plots are looking good and becoming a major attraction!

Comment

Looking good!

Originally posted by B G View Post

Food plots are looking good and becoming a major attraction!
                          Looking good sir, gonna put in our spring irrigated soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                            2015 was a Rough year for us hunting. I worked way to much and only hunted a couple times. I did put meat in the freezer when I was hunting with my daughter who is now hooked on bow hunting. I need to figure out a new set up and adjust my location for this year. I now have my 1st grand child who in a couple years might be my new hunting partner.
                            Congrats!

Comment

Bucks are grouped up starting to put on some velvet.

Comment

We have openings on my lease if anyone is interested or knows anyone that wants to hunt the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X