2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texfisher View Post
    Took my 2 youngest kids up on Friday and hunted that evening and the next morning. My daughter got a turkey that first night then my son connected on a doe the next morning. Both were their first successful hunts. Lot of high fives and hugs went around on both kills.
    [ATTACH]820494[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]820495[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]820497[/ATTACH]
    congrats to the kiddos! good job on the kills
    well done dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Texfisher View Post
      Took my 2 youngest kids up on Friday and hunted that evening and the next morning. My daughter got a turkey that first night then my son connected on a doe the next morning. Both were their first successful hunts. Lot of high fives and hugs went around on both kills.

[ATTACH]820494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]820495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]820497[/ATTACH]

That's awesome! Congrats to the kids. Nicely done.

Comment

Youth hunt report:
        We only had a couple of hunts due to other family commitments.
        We saw a lot of deer, and talking to others, were seeing more than others. So that was good. Friday evening we saw 1 small and 1 medium buck (8pt) and 11 does.
        Saturday morning we saw a big 8pt that we couldn't get on fast enough before he got out of sight. Then at 9am, my son shot at a real nice buck. We determined he hit a limb causing a miss. We saw a couple of bucks with does. So starting to see a little rutting activity.
        One girl shot a beautiful 8pt with kickers on the G2s. 20"+ with great mass.
        Beautiful part of the country for sure!
        Good luck to the rest of you guys hunting in that area.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	24468724

Second buck this year with a knot or tumor under his chin. Any guesses on what it is?

Weekend movement was good for young ones and does. Our group didn't see any mature bucks Saturday or Sunday. Did fill the freezer with a couple of does. My youngest came to pick me up with mama on the four wheeler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	24468726

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was very slow on our place this weekend. We had very few pics this past week. Was figuring the acorn started a mass fall but seems as others are seeing deer. Still trying to figure Oklahoma out. I didn't see anything all weekend. Wife saw 2 doe Sat morning and another guy saw 4 doe Saturday morning. The nice bucks that have been on cam have taken a vacation, at least for the past week.

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
              [ATTACH]820754[/ATTACH]

Second buck this year with a knot or tumor under his chin. Any guesses on what it is?

Weekend movement was good for young ones and does. Our group didn't see any mature bucks Saturday or Sunday. Did fill the freezer with a couple of does. My youngest came to pick me up with mama on the four wheeler.

[ATTACH]820756[/ATTACH]

Great pic! I heard realtree came out with a new pink camo........ha! As for the tumor, I think deer may be susceptible to random tumors kind of like old Labs. Or maybe an infected tick bite? Purely speculation on my part but it is interesting.

Comment

I tend to agree with the susceptible to tumors part. We had him on camera last year and the tumor wasn't nearly as big. Last year we kind of thought that it might be a snake bite or something.

I'll make sure to NOT tell my wife about that pink realtree camo. I don't think I can afford it...LOL

Comment

I had a doe last year with a lump in her throat just like that.

I'm stuck oncall for the next week and it's killing me not being there.

Comment

My dad is still up there had a encounter with 2 Shooters this morning, deer are moving.

On a good note he checked my camera and the deer I shot last week is back on camera. I will post a picture soon as I can. I'm going back this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Hope you get another chance to close the deal.

Comment

Awesome. Finish him off brother

Comment

I have to have a North wind to hunt that stand. I have a South wind stand in the same area maybe he will come by there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck AS!

FIL shot a little 8 point this AM. Seeing more movement. I'm taking my 11 year old daughter out this weekend with her .223 to see about harvesting her first deer. We are going to a buddy's place out near Quanah.

Good luck to everyone in the woods this weekend.

Comment

I'm heading up to the Potatoe Hills on Monday afternoon. This is my third year and haven't loosed an arrow yet. There are some bruisers walking around and I finally feel that I'm learning a little bit about these mountains. This could use be the year and once I get there I'll try to keep it as live as possible. It's not easy hunting but that's why we do this!

Comment

Finally got a chance to hunt my place in Honobia the past four days. Small bucks were chasing and I found several scrapes. Sure hope it cools down soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X