No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice sadly these turds are the best we have so far.

Comment

Good to see studs as well as up-and-comers on camera!

Comment

Don't disagree...first one is a ****. The second one is a stud in the making. 120-135 3.5 year old. Plenty to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the wide one is a ****. the other two have potential if we allow them to age. patterning deer is hard enough up there. trying to manage them in this area is even harder. we don't have a single patch of meadow/food plot on our place. its strictly timber hunting the logging roads and patches of hardwoods

Comment

ill shoot the terd buck to put him out of his misery if I get the chance.

Comment

Lol. I would too. We are in the same boat. Hunt roads and clearings. No tillable spots on our place.

Comment

We put in small food plots probably 10-12 small ones. Doesn't seem to draw any deer from what I have saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We've had the same situation and results. Acre upon acre of planted pines broken up by season washes and rough hillsides littered with thickets and oaks. From year to year we have to scout pretty hard to see where the travel is. Patterning is incredibly difficult.

That said, scouting, putting in the time on stand and executing a shot is incredibly rewarding.

Now, if we can just figure out how to kill or run off these stinking bears......

Good luck to those hitting the woods this weekend.

Comment

You still getting bears on cam?

Comment

we are not getting them on cam any longer. when they tore everything up we had just set up the feeders and didn't have the cameras on them. the big problem now are the wild horses. we seem to have about 2X what we normally have this year. they have knocked down feeders as well but not nearly at the rate of the bears.

We have a full house for the entire week of ML. Ive been looking at the weather report and its calling for above average temps. I think the morning hunting is going to be the best.

Comment

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                        We put in small food plots probably 10-12 small ones. Doesn't seem to draw any deer from what I have saw.

A great piece of advice would be to stick with the plots. We have never had plots on our place, two years ago we put in a 3/4 acre clover plot over seeded with wheat and oats. Then have since added one more and a bean plot. Never really saw anything over 140" before plots and they would just pass through. Since we have planted we now two or three mature bucks over 150" and a couple of 3-4 yr. old up and comers that stay on our 400 acre place year round. The crazy part is, a couple have never been photographed or seen at a feeder. I watched a 140" eight for an hour last weekend feed in the clover plot and there was a free choice corn feeder within 50 yrds. With a camera, no pics of him all year.

Last edited by Christianhuff; 10-19-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Saw only 2 doe this morning. It's definitely hot today, I'm hoping the cool front will get the bucks moving Thursday.

Just need this buck to show up in the daylight.

Comment

My son got drawn for the Youth hunt at Push. Hunt is this Friday/Saturday. We are super excited!

Comment

sweet. your going to hear some blasting going on form the ML hunters. good luck. there are a lot of acorns on the ground. if focus on those areas if your not hunting over travel corridors or food plots.

Comment

I'm open for any MRI on places to hunt at the PUSH. Due to other scheduling issues we only get to hunt Fri pm and Sat AM.

Good luck to everyone else with ML starting Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X