2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
    Settled in. 17 foot up a leflore county red oak that is shelling acorns. White oaks 50 yards to the north. Feeder 90 yards to the South. Feeling a bit bloody.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Get'em!

Comment

Blood has been shed.

Comment

Congrats! Pics when you can.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161015_083621327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	24466228

Comment

Nicely done. Congrats to Wesley!

Comment

Man they moved early tonight. Couldn't even make it to the stand at 3:30. Saw 8 deer and hit one. Hopefully more pics tonight.

Comment

Just talked to Crookhunter and he said it was slow the past two days where we are in push, didn't see a thing. I was going head up there Monday but with the temps being in the upper 80's near 90 I am going to hold off until the 23rd or so. Hopefully the temps will come down a bit, someone tell mother nature it's October please!

Comment

Logged 11 hours on stand today and was covered up in squirrels. We have acorns everywhere and I was sitting along a seasonal creek covered in them. Didn't see anything. Got kinda warm though. Geeez.

Back at it in the AM. Got a hot scrape that's been visited by 4 shooters in the last few days.

Good luck to those hitting it early.

Comment

was a slow weekend, good thing is, is got very slow for one hog. Deer were just not moving, could probably smell the sweat dripping off me.
                    Did catch a guy driving through our place looking for a place to put a stand. Said he was lost and thought he was on one of their tracts of land. Seemed like a good guy, hope he was telling the truth and we don't have any problems there.

Comment

we had one guy up this weekend and said it was slow. he was mostly looking for pigs though and working on camp for ML season.

Comment

Saturday movement was unreal for our lease Saturday. Everybody saw a tone of deer all day long. More so from noon on. Today was terrible, but to be expected given the temp and 25 mph wind. Should be prime next weekend. Good luck all.

Comment

I concur. Total of 26 hours on stand since Friday and saw one little buck while on stand. Glad to be back out in God's creation. Will probably be my last trip up until sometime mid November. I think the mast crop has them traveling from bed to dinner table and back all within a few yards. I was camped in some pin oaks and white oaks but no joy.

This was my tune up trip with the new climber and gear that I'll be using at MCAAP this weekend. Heading up on Wed night to meet up with Darton and rhendrix. Check in and briefing is on Thursday AM. My first trad hunt and first trip to the installation. Say a little prayer for us. I'm envisioning the "H" but with trad gear and no cameras. That should lighten my gear load.

Good luck to those hitting it this week.

Comment

Thanks for the updates.

Comment

I'm going up tonight. Try and hunt this little cool front that is coming. We have had some new bucks showing up and some young deer fighting. We will see how it goes. Here is a new buck we got on camera last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Stud. We had young bucks sparring this past weekend too. A few hit list bucks from our lease. Not all of them, but the only ones on my phone. Good luck!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3247.png
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	24466576Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3244.png
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	24466577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3245.png
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	24466578