No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we use boat winches that we weld on a plate and then bolt them into a tree. hang a pully over a tree limb and then hang your feeder. you have to modify (lots of hardware/use 35 gallon barrel) the crap out of a feeder to make it work but the bears can't touch them. make sure to lock (like a combo lock) the winch because the bears will mess with them. you don't want your feeder coming crashing down if they flip the lever.

Comment

Can you guys give me a age guestimation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
        Have any of you luck with winch up tripod feeders and bears not destroy them? Thinking ahead for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used 2x8 board to mount winch at first but quickly found out an metal plate was
        Needed.

Comment

thats almost exactly what I was trying to describe above. we just add a lock so the bears can't fix the lever and allow the feeder to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

looks 5.5 plus to me.
            Haven't had any bear issues yet. Hoping I don't because where most of my feeders are sitting, I don't have the ability to attach to big tree and hoist up. Would have to relocate everything again. Not to mention my 1000 lb. feeder would then be useless because there is no way to hoist it up.
            This is my first year in Oklahoma. Any good tips? I have already relocated two of my feeders since we first set up about 3 months ago. Have some nice bucks at one of them, a few deer at a couple others. Had several deer coming to one until the pigs found it, now the deer are not coming. One feeder is in some heavy cover. Had pigs hitting it so I moved it about 100 yds, now nothing has gone to it in the past 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
              thats almost exactly what I was trying to describe above. we just add a lock so the bears can't fix the lever and allow the feeder to crash.

Just make sure you get a winch with braking and I think you'll be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Looks 4.5 to me

Comment

Pulled some cards , finally.

Been a beautiful morning. Very quiet.

Comment

How is the deer activity at the feeders after a bear has been there? Do deer avoid the area? Do the beard even bother the deer? Do black bears even eat deer?

Comment

Good luck Micah. Will have Wesley in a push/leflore tree tomorrow morning.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
                        Good luck Micah. Will have Wesley in a push/leflore tree tomorrow morning.

Thanks and good luck to you guys. Fun, fun, fun!

Comment

Today was a good day despite the misty drizzle most of the day. Had a small 6 point at 31 yards. Practiced getting to full draw but gave him a pass. Too many big boys running around to burn a tag on junior. Sat until 1 and switched spots back up in a canyon with no cell service. Got to try out the new Lone Wolf climber. Bumped a doe going in and was covered up with gray squirrels all evening. Sitting next to a hole of water in a seasonal creek it was a steady symphony of white oaks going "kerplunk" into the water. That was a new spot.

All in all a good day in the mountains. Back at it in the AM. Good luck to those of you hitting it early.

A few pics from the area I'm hunting in the AM

Comment

Won't be up there until the week of the 23rd. Buddy is up there this weekend. Talked to him by text and he said it was slow but he could hear an elk bugling on another property but it was pretty close to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Micah!

Comment

Settled in. 17 foot up a leflore county red oak that is shelling acorns. White oaks 50 yards to the north. Feeder 90 yards to the South. Feeling a bit bloody.

Comment

Working...
                                X