No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna grab a couple of those blocks when I pick up chaffhaye and corn before I go up on Wednesday.

Comment

What's the rain situation? Anyone know if Push has gotten any or if it's gunna get anymore this week? It's been pouring at the house the last two days down here in Dallas. I'm hoping it may stir up the piggies long enough for me to get a crack at one.

Comment

Hung out at Durant this weekend and we got nada.

Comment

Got plenty in snow last night. It was bad storm dumped a lot of rain. The lighting was bad almost scared me lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of bear on cam, they have all but run off our deer.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Lots of bear on cam, they have all but run off our deer.

He popped that feeder open like a can of sardines. Dang!

Comment

Holy feces! Ill take coons any day.

Comment

Rain

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                  What's the rain situation? Anyone know if Push has gotten any or if it's gunna get anymore this week? It's been pouring at the house the last two days down here in Dallas. I'm hoping it may stir up the piggies long enough for me to get a crack at one.
                  Got hammered last night in Rattan, good rain after I planted some plot screen yesterday.

Comment

This picture is from six weeks ago from a fellow lease member. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

The one on the left [emoji123] [emoji123]

Comment

Wow, great bucks. That makes you wish the season started 8/16/16!

Comment

Well, went up to the property on Sunday and worked on the blind some more. I also got the feeder going and almost had my eye taken out at 30 feet (first time using a 12 volt feeder.) That thing slings corn in at least a 40' circle.

Started plowing until I broke the plow on a rock the size of a tractor tire.

Took a soil sample and now waiting for A&M to give me results. I'm scared to see how much lime I will need Anyone know of a good place to get pelletized lime?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yep. Get ready. They will probably recommend just short of a boatload of lime!

We use Bryan Agri-products in Durant. The carry pelletized lime. Good folks to deal with in my experience.

Thanks for sharing your pics. The blind is coming along.

Comment

Went up Saturday and planted more Lab Lab/Egyptian wheat for a plot screen. I also limed/fertilized the plots and Got the blind set up on the lake. Looks like it was perfect timing with all the rain we got. Here is a pic of a nice 4 yr. old 8 point that will get another pass this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Boomer, I will look them up.

Huff, is the lab lab and wheat all you plant?

Comment

Lab lab & wheat

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                                Thanks Boomer, I will look them up.

Huff, is the lab lab and wheat all you plant?
                                We plant lab lab/wheat in the spring and usually late summer. We can irrigate, so I planted some more late summer around the new blind for cover. We also have two clover plots that look awesome and keep them fed through late spring. I will over seed them all with winter wheat and oats in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X