Ageing deer theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ageing deer theory

We see a lot of threads on aging deer in particular bucks . In my opinion a deer is mature at 4.5. In most cases bucks don't peak at that age but they are still mature . So if you're hunting for a mature buck then 4.5 or older is good. If your looking for when they hit their peak may need to wait. So for fun I looked at deer vs people..

1.5 deer--- this would be your human equivalent of elementary school. Running around without a clue

2.5--- this is the JR high yrs. starting figure things out and look at things different ... Especially girls .

3.5 ---- Highschool and college yrs!!! Figured out girls have special things and you go all out to make an impression and really not that picky . Starting to get an idea of how the world works... Kinda.

4.5 --- 22 or so thru 30... Real life sets in and all that glitters isn't gold. But still think life is a party and chasing girls special gift is number #1. Mature but naive.

5.5 --- age 30-40... By this point you have figured out that the real world isn't free corn and you're cautious of handouts ... But the girls keep drawing out into public and you occasionally do stupid stuff.

6.5 --- age 40-50... By this time you know that life is tough. That you have to start looking after yourself . But girls still make you think that you're as good as you once were.

7.5 --- age 50-60... By now you have been educated in life. It's not easy . You begin to become independent and do your own thing. The ladies are still interesting but not priority.

8.5+ --- 60 and up.... By this point you have seen it all. Loved and lost and survived . Endured pain and loss and survived. You no longer care about the day to day grind but if needed you flex your muscles and knowledge. The ladies have less influence and you show up in shorts with knee socks... Saying " let's get this **** over with so I can eat go take a nap"

Great analogy!!!!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Pretty good, pretty good, but how did you know about the nap ?

Comment

I'm 6.5, almost 7.5

Comment

I see 'em in 3 classes--young, middle-aged, and old. And, for me, it is a lot easier to age one looking at a game cam pic or a pic on the GS than with him standing in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              I see 'em in 3 classes--young, middle-aged, and old. And, for me, it is a lot easier to age one looking at a game cam pic or a pic on the GS than with him standing in front of me.
              see I'm the opposite the trail cam pics fool me more often than not

Comment

Great way to put it

Comment

I like it!!!!

Comment

Lmao
                    Good stuff

Comment

That about sums it up

Comment

oh yaaaaaa!!!

Comment

The world isn't free corn. Lol. Love this Brandon. Good read!

Comment

i LOL'ed. good job!

Comment

FUNNY and true

Comment

Working...
                              X