Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

DIY Deer Watering??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Deer Watering??

The property that I hunt has a small tract that sits off by itself and it does not have water on it. I am trying to come up with a standalone watering set up with reservoir and trough. I was considering linking 2 plastic 55gal drums together then a hose or pvc going out to a trough and float. That or a chemical tote and run a hose or pvc out to a trough from it. To refill I was thinking a couple extra 55gal drums or tote to throw in the truck to fill and carry out the to refill the others. I was wanting to hear from the GS on the matter and see some pictures of what some of the GS fellers have done. Thanks!!

Best thing we have done: 200 gallon plastic tote (can be found on craigs list or here) and one of these http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...r?cm_vc=-10005

You can thank me in advance, many years of research!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Best thing we have done: 200 gallon plastic tote (can be found on craigs list or here) and one of these http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...r?cm_vc=-10005

You can thank me in advance, many years of research!
      Ha ok thanks. Does that little trough have a built in float valve?

Comment

Whatever you decide on make sure it is low enough for fawns to drink out of.

Comment

Yes sir, float valve and its enclosed to keep coons from destroying it.

Comment

What about a 200 gallon tote with some kind of rain catching system help keep it filled? And then run your hose to your trough.

Comment

I have a 10' fiberglass satellite dish I am going to use as a rain catcher, to help keep my 250gal tote filled. I think it will catch quite a bit from a good shower

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                I have a 10' fiberglass satellite dish I am going to use as a rain catcher, to help keep my 250gal tote filled. I think it will catch quite a bit from a good shower
                Dish that size will catch about 47 gallons per inch of rain. You can figure about .6 gallons per square foot of a rain collector surface area.

Comment

This is by far the best one I've seen put up here.

Comment

I got 5 of the 275gl ibc totes food grade they work great for water system im located in the Arlington area $50 each

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X