150+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
    More mature deer with his body frame on our place go 180 to 200. Hes young and skinny but has a large framed body. Probably 140 to 150 on the hoof now. Not a hill country deer
    10-4. Since he has a pretty small body, I don't think he'd make 150 this year but he is a gorgeous buck! Id sure like to have him in my woods.

I hope you can get him next year. If he'd put some mass on and get a little longer tine length (not that he's short tined now) I think he'd be well over the 150 mark. Again, very nice looking buck!

Comment

I am all over 148, 3 times. I think tine length and mass keep him down. But, if it was our lease and old enough, I would definitely stick him. Great looking buck.

Comment

10" 2's and 3's, 30 inches of mass, 20 inside spread, and those beams have to be close to 22". I think he is in the 150's

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          10" 2's and 3's, 30 inches of mass, 20 inside spread, and those beams have to be close to 22". I think he is in the 150's
          Don't think his 2's are 10" but I do believe his bears are 23+. The buck I shot this year had 22.5" beams and comparing pics and seeing both in with my own eyes this deer has longer beams than the buck I shot.

I'm with you on 29-30" of mass. I've added him him at least a dozen times and I land b/w 151 and 155 every time.

Comment

145-150

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              24 24 18 29...I got + 2 on beams -1 on mass...pretty dang close...95 down for me.

The buck I shot this year had 22.5" beams this guy is wider, his beams go further forward and they curl in more.

Does he have 55" in tines?
              I think he has 55+ in tine length (assuming his 2's and 3's are around 10in) and I think he comes in right at the 150 mark. Great deer. Should be exciting to see what he turns into next year.

Comment

I don't think so

Comment

Close, but just under 150

Comment

145"+/-

Comment

Low to mid 140's. Good deer.

Comment

Nice deer. I say if he's over 150" it's not by much. GIANT next year. Pushing 170" next year.

Comment

55" up on a 93" platform. 148

Comment

Originally posted by bowkill1978 View Post
                            Nice deer. I say if he's over 150" it's not by much. GIANT next year. Pushing 170" next year.
                            I hope so. If he keeps his nose in the protein, I just can't see him being any less than 160". I'd love to give him 2 more years but I don't think any hunter on our place has that kind of restraint yet.

Comment

nice

Comment

140-45

Comment

Working...
                                X