Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
    I need advice.

I just checked my traps. I am using flat traps with dog droppings and coyote mating scent. This has been working. Two of the traps have fresh from last night coyote droppings 6 and 10 feet away from them. Do I leave my set alone? Do I put a set on the coyote droppings? Do I move the coyote droppings to my set? Or do I do something else?
    You need to do something else. Just what it is I can't really say, I'm not there to be able to "assess the situation". I think you got their attention, then triggered the territorial response but haven't focused their attention to your set. With them marking that far away I'm guessing that something your doing at the set has them boogered, too much lure, too much backing, something along those lines. Try making a urine post set right next to the new souvenir they left you or you can go all out. take your dog out to the set, let it walk around the set area marking everything that smells good, take a piece of plywood to lay over the trap to keep from catching the dog. Or if you can find the trail they're using make a blind set.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      I need advice.

I just checked my traps. I am using flat traps with dog droppings and coyote mating scent. This has been working. Two of the traps have fresh from last night coyote droppings 6 and 10 feet away from them. Do I leave my set alone? Do I put a set on the coyote droppings? Do I move the coyote droppings to my set? Or do I do something else?
      Might want to add a gland lure to your set

Comment

Just live it as is they will get to it just may take a few more days!

Comment

Got another this weekend

Comment

Caught another one this morning...
            Attached Files

Comment

Im gonaa make a bunch of sets this weekend in Freer, wish me luck

Comment

Boar coon in a Bridger dp. Baited with dry cat food and fish oil for a trailing scent.
                Not fur trapping, but to help the turkeys.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20160116_080256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	24425037

Comment

First coyote set of the morning, just how I found it. He didn't get the bait.

Name:	20160116_082607.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	24425041

Comment

Rabbit caught in this one. Coyote got the rabbit. There is also house cat tracks at the set.

Name:	20160116_084237.jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	24425044

Comment

Deer caught and pulled out in this one. Urine smell I guess.
                      [ATTACH]768487[/ATTACH]

Comment

Next one was also tripped. Pic wouldn't upload. Last one and 2 others weren't visited.

Comment

This one is from mid December. First one and my only one so far.

Comment

Trapped some coons Thursday night in some DP traps, using corn as bait at the protein stations.

Comment

Something I learned this morning, don't tie off your dp to a log that the hogs like to scratch on. They will knock your trap over and scatter the bait.

Comment

I killed two sows in the last two days and I have them about 200 yards apart, along a road. I have 2 coyote sets between the carcasses, one set on the edge of the road and one in the center. Lure at the sets only so the buzzards won't get caught.
                                I just put the second trap in this morning where I should have yesterday. There were coyote tracks on the road where I dragged the first hog. They didn't visit the one I put in yesterday closer to the first sow.

Comment

Working...
                                X