Will this S Texas buck net 170"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
    Thanks guys. I'd forgotten you have to deduct the difference two times. It's was pretty evident he would not net 170. I think he'll gross over that. He might get a pass.
    Don't let him go to waste. Just to help you out I'll come take care of him for you...

Comment

Originally posted by freerange View Post
      Net no
      Gross yess
      this and either way he's old enough to shoot.

Comment

you don't deduct the difference TWICE...where did that come from?

Comment

I'm not sure, but I believe it's gross score, then they deduct the differences to come to a gross typical, then deduct the difference again to come to a net typical. I'll have to look at the score sheet on my avatar buck. He grossed 188 and netted 164.

Comment

I just remember the guy saying if he didn't have the 2 splits on the g3s, he would have netted over 170.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I believe it's gross score, then they deduct the differences to come to a gross typical, then deduct the difference again to come to a net typical. I'll have to look at the score sheet on my avatar buck. He grossed 188 and netted 164.
              I don't follow... you only subtract the difference. It's not a double whammy.

if the left G2 is 12" and the right G2 is 11 6/8, then you lose 2/8

you'll lose whatever length that fork is on his right side. because it's a non typical point. You'd lose it if there was a match on the other side for a typical score anyway.

otherwise, from that photo, the deer looks very symmetrical. He's a 10 with a split 2, right? or am I missing something?

I have him netting 167. he looks very close.. I think some people underestimate how big that deer is...
              52 - beams
              34 mass
              19 spread
              8 -1's
              22 -2's
              22 - 3's
              10 - 4's
              Last edited by kyle1974; 11-21-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                I don't follow... you only subtract the difference. It's not a double whammy.

if the left G2 is 12" and the right G2 is 11 6/8, then you lose 2/8

you'll lose whatever length that fork is on his right side. because it's a non typical point. You'd lose it if there was a match on the other side for a typical score anyway.

otherwise, from that photo, the deer looks very symmetrical. He's a 10 with a split 2, right? or am I missing something?

I have him netting 167. he looks very close.. I think some people underestimate how big that deer is...
                52 - beams
                34 mass
                19 spread
                8 -1's
                22 -2's
                22 - 3's
                10 - 4's
                It's hard for me to explain the way the official scorer described it to me. I'll post a pic of the score sheet tomorrow, if I can locate it. It has something to do with gross gross NT then gross typical, then net typical. As far as your score on this deer, your probably right.

Comment

The length of the abnormal point gets deducted twice. If it is just differences in circumferences and tine lengths from side to side you lose those once. But since the abnormal point isn't on the other side it gets deducted x2. once for gross typical and the again for net typical. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Gross, yes
                    Net, no

Comment

Won't make it at net

Comment

No. Low 160's net

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                          The length of the abnormal point gets deducted twice. If it is just differences in circumferences and tine lengths from side to side you lose those once. But since the abnormal point isn't on the other side it gets deducted x2. once for gross typical and the again for net typical. Hope that makes sense.
                          That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

We"ll probably shoot him this year being he's 7 and basically a slick 10 with only one cheater. If he had multiple cheaters and kickers we'd leave him for another year.

Comment

He's a good looking deer. post up the pics when ya'll get him.

Comment

We"ll probably shoot him this year being he's 7 and basically a slick 10 with only one cheater. If he had multiple cheaters and kickers we'd leave him for another year.
                                Do you have a closer pic of the buck in your Avatar? Good gracious that deer is a STUD!!!

This deer, in the earlier pictures, is pretty special to. I can't wait to see him dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X