age & score please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

age & score please

Watched this guy for 20 minutes from the rifle stand last Friday. I passed but am now having second thoughts on that decision. Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by rattler03; 11-16-2015, 10:31 PM.

I could go 5.5 on that buck. Maybe 4.5 cause I don't know you're area, but I would have shot him.

Comment

4.5, mid to upper one teens.

Comment

Shoot he ain't gonna get bigger...

Comment

4.5 ..... 120"

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            4.5, mid to upper one teens.
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              x2
              x3

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                x3
                That's pretty much where I've got him. Watching him I thought he was 4.5, and I knew he didn't have the rack to ever be a really special buck but I thought with another year he may be able to get up to the 130s. I pulled the camera card after that hunt and now I'm leaning towards 5.5. That brisket and how the neck meets the chest leads me to think he's a little older than 4.5. I think I'll probably take him this next weekend if I see him, unless there's just crazy rut activity in which case I might let him walk a little longer and see if I can't get a nicer buck to cruise through. Thanks y'all.

Comment

4.5 /110ish

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                    4.5 /110ish
                    Agree, he does have a little length going past those G-3's that may pop a 4 up in time but at that age, not sure how dependable that "maybe" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                      Agree, he does have a little length going past those G-3's that may pop a 4 up in time but at that age, not sure how dependable that "maybe" is.
                      He's got the very beginnings of a G4 on each side. The right is just a tiny little bump On the left side its a little longer maybe an inch, but certainly more than a 1/2". If he's 4.5, like most of y'all think, I may try to let him walk, but if I see him a few times I'll probably have a weak moment and shot him. Another year or 2 would help him, but I just don't see anything that makes me think he's going to ever get over 140". He'd provide my family with a lot of meat too, big bodied deer.

Comment

4.5 and 115ish

Comment

4.5, 118"

Comment

Gorgeous deer.. I would have a hard time not taking him..

Comment

4, 125

Comment

Working...
                              X