Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age?

DeWitt county.

Hard pictures to judge. 3.5-4.5 is what I see.

Have any where he is broadside?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      Hard pictures to judge. 3.5-4.5 is what I see.

Have any where he is broadside?
      Lemme see if I can get one when he turns.

Comment

I was thinking 3.5-4.5, I was thinking cull at first cause I didn't notice the brow tines. He gets another year though.

Comment

I don't need any more pics that deer is 7.5. Kill him!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            I don't need any more pics that deer is 7.5. Kill him!
            I know there's a bigger one that's been on my camera. I'm antsy though cause this would be first deer with bow.

Comment

Rounded face, bow legged,tarsal stains down to his hoofs and back hips showing bones. Great cull!

Comment

You really think he's that old? Well hopefully he come back. Lol

Comment

I'd say he's atleast 5.5

Comment

Well hell, he walked off. Maybe he'll come back.

Comment

I don't think... I know for a fact! You will thank me when if you kill him!Lol

Comment

Looks 3.5 - 4.5. But he's got the red-patch on his head, fairly wide across the chest, and pees all the way down both legs. I keep reminding people that this year's 5.5s were born during a historic drought. Some of these bucks were struggling for survival during their early development. Also, just like people, some bucks don't have the genetics to get a pronounced brisket or deep belly sag. I killed a 4.5 last year (pre-rut) that field-dressed 108 lbs......and he looked slimmer than your deer.

Depending on the area and the lease, AND if he doesn't look like he has the potential to be extraordinary.....I wouldn't waste a lot of time this year determining 4.5 or 5.5 on a deer that I could be happy with. jmo

Comment

2011 was the historic drought year. Deer born during drought would be 4.5. Not many fawns lived. So there is a big shortage of 4.5 old deer all over the state.

Comment

Yea, it wasn't that I wouldn't be happy with him. I just know there's a bigger one that was my "target buck" on my camera. Headed in for a quick bite to eat then coming right back to try some rattling. If he presents a shot again I'll take it.

Comment

I hunted outside Cuero for about 10 years. I would have taken this deer if I was in the stand. However, if I had a larger on on camera...I probably would have passed.
                              If this was my first deer...I would have tried to Take him.
                              I believe this deer to be 4.5. Not a cull in my opinion but a dandy Dewitt cnty buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X