No announcement yet.

Hill country deer movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll have all our stands in Harper being hunted this weekend. Hopefully something shows.

Comment

We hunt Kimble Co west of London also and this has been the best year so far. Tons of bucks with good antler growth. Already knocked down 1 - 11pt, 1 - 10pt, and 2 - 8pts. on 500ac and still have 5-6 shooters showing up pretty regular on the food plots.

Comment

Hunted Thursday thru Saturday evening. Not much movement till Saturday morning. Deer are now coming to the food plots since acorns are finishing up.
        4 new bucks showed up on cameras in the last 3 days.
        It should start getting better thru the end of the season

Comment

Still having the worst season ever in Hays county. If we ever get a freeze maybe the deer will show up

Comment

Originally posted by Luremaker View Post
            Still having the worst season ever in Hays county. If we ever get a freeze maybe the deer will show up
            Yep

Comment

Looks to me like we could see a freeze Wednesday and Thursday night. Says 34 for dripping which means I'll have 31-32 out in Henly, and it says 32 for Thursday so I could have 29-31. I think that oughtta help

Comment

No much moving this weekend either. The wind didnt help any.

Comment

I'll be headed to kerrville for a Friday morning and evening hunt and a Saturday morning hunt. Looks like it could be about 28 out there Friday morning. I'll keep y'all updated. Game camera isn't showing much activity this week though.

Comment

My dad was at our lease in stonewall last week and saw good movement at feeders. I am headed out today to hunt till Saturday eve

Comment

This sucks! Can't get a freeze!

Comment

My covert reported 27 degrees this morning. The mud puddle under my feeder from last weekend looks like it is ice right now.

Comment

Weather app said we hit 29 at camp last night, most of the time its high by a few degrees so we should have had a good freeze in the North Bandera - South Kerr county area.

Comment

I know it got down to the high 20s last weekend where I was in Edwards county. Deer movement was slow but I knocked down a mature 10

Comment

We got down to 29 in Kerr county. Activity was nonexistent until about 8:20 when two does with yearlings came in. Then after that we saw 5 different 3.5 or younger bucks from about 8:50 till 10:00. On the way back to the stand (2:00) we spooked up a shooter 8 and a spike. Then at about 3:00 a spike walked through. Now a doe and yearling are out.

Comment

I will be out in kerr county tomorrow between center point and pipes. Hopefully I can fill my last tag. Good luck this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X