What does this hill country buck score/age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have him at 5.5 but I have no idea on score. It's bigger than anything I have ever shot, we passed on him last year and he blew up. Any ideas what he might score. My wife was calling him "her deer" but gave me the go ahead tonight since she won't be able to hunt much. He's bigger than anything I have killed.

If you told me he was in ETX I would say 3.5 but if in HC he looks 4.5.

Post up the pics from last year, that would help I think.

125'ish

Comment

4.5 and 130

Comment

Pics from last year

Comment

4.5, 120s

Comment

Still torn. 3.5-4.5.

Shoot him and post up his jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              Still torn. 3.5-4.5.

Shoot him and post up his jaw.

I want to, he is definitely bigger than other deer I have killed. But I am also torn, I don't want to shoot him if he isn't mature. Can't kill big mature deer if you shoot big young deer. This is family property (in laws) and I want this to be a good place to hunt for years to come. His mass went crazy this year, no protein or food plots (yet) just just San Gabriel river bottom nutrition.

Comment

For comparison, this is what I believe is a mature deer I only had a few pics of last year, and ugly lol

Comment

3.5 120-125ish

Comment

Anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

Man, I just can't get that deer past 3.5. Lean, long legs, straight back

Comment

4.5 tops and about 122. He looks 3.5 to me but those hill country deer always seem to be a year older than what I think they look like on the hoof. That other buck is a bruiser. I hope you can knock him down if you set out to. Nothing wrong with taking your personal best buck.

Comment

To thick in the shoulders and short front legs. I would say 4.5 at least, maybe 5. But would definitely benefit from another year either way. 5-6 is when the stop growing body wise and start adding bone.

Comment

3.5, don't soot him. He will be even better next year.

Comment

I have this deer at 4.5 and 92" down and 32" up for a total of 124". I would pass this guy give him at least a year. He will definitely benefit from a year for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X