Will He Blow Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
    What do yall think a 120" buck @ 5 is capable of in a "few years"? Based on 20" growth in the past 3 years... This is low fence.
    This. Shoot him, he is taking nutrition away from better bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler's Outdoor View Post
      If that was my place, I'd go ahead and shoot him. He's only grown a few inches in 2 years, doesn't make much sense to keep a feeder hog around if he's not growing. Just my 2 cents, though.
      X3

Comment

I have a deer like that this year. Almost identical 10 actually. Looked really impressive as a 3 year old. Now at 5+ he looks about the same (130" or so). This after two years of great rainfall and abundant food because the area he lives in is right beside thousands of acres of corn and soybeans and winter wheat. I too am on the fence about whether to pass him or not, and I won't be able to tell you what I'm going to do until he walks past me.

Comment

If your reason for killing him is only because he is 5 yrs old and not a trophy, I would hold off. The older bucks (6+) tend to slow down around the rut as far as fighting goes and will usually put on better horns because of coming out of the rut in much better health. He could blow up next yr, I would give him a year he might surprise you.

Comment

Working...
          X