Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on this cull/freak.. Shoot or pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
    Pass, young and likely bumped his left side while growing.
    x2

Comment

Spot on guys. Definitely didn't trick anyone. Just wanted to post this to show a lot of the newer guys, don't cull any young deer for weird or misshapen racks...

I had him at 2.5 last year and he has blown up. He's the best 3.5 yr old I've grown yet. It's going to be hell getting him through next year if he jumps another 40-50"+ like I expect. I pray to get him to 5.5.. That's the plan

Comment

The last deer you posted looks older than 3.5. Brisket area, battle scar rip in ear and roman nose looks more like a 5 yr old. I judged the first deer at 1.5 maybe 2.5.

Not saying you don't know your deer but I don't see any similarities. First deer may be offspring of the last deer you posted.

Night pics could be throwing me off too making him look older.
        Have any pics of him last year later in the season? Frontal view showing ears?
        Last edited by Antlers86; 08-27-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

If he can make it 2 more years will be a stud!

Comment

Opinions on this cull/freak.. Shoot or pass?

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            The last deer you posted looks older than 3.5. Brisket area, battle scar rip in ear and roman nose looks more like a 5 yr old. I judged the first deer at 1.5 maybe 2.5.

Not saying you don't know your deer but I don't see any similarities. First deer may be offspring of the last deer you posted.

Night pics could be throwing me off too making him look older.
            Have any pics of him last year later in the season? Frontal view showing ears?

Sure. I can see why you could think that. The angle on some of those pics tend to show an older deer but I'm as close to 100% as you can get on knowing its him. I've kept a camera here the last year and half and he has stayed on it. Notice the cut in his right ear. Thankfully he already had it last year and its a great marker on him.

earlier this summer. Definitely doesn't show the age as the night pictures.

Him last year

I have better pics of his ear last year on the computer. These were the best on my phone though

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
              Sure. I can see why you could think that. The angle on some of those pics tend to show an older deer but I'm as close to 100% as you can get on knowing its him. I've kept a camera here the last year and half and he has stayed on it. Notice the cut in his right ear. Thankfully he already had it last year and its a great marker on him.

earlier this summer. Definitely doesn't show the age as the night pictures.

Him last year

I have better pics of his ear last year on the computer. These were the best on my phone though

I love it when I'm wrong! I can definitely see the similarities now. Thanks for posting the other pics.

Comment

Great looking up and comer you got there. Hope he stays on your place or starts wearing a bulletproof vest.

Comment

I'd shoot him at some point.

Comment

Pass. Unless it comes down to the wire.

Comment

Comment

He made a good jump this year! He will get bigger, but is a nice buck right now no matter what you decide.

Comment

Good looking deer

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                            He made a good jump this year! He will get bigger, but is a nice buck right now no matter what you decide.

He's not remotely on the shooting list lol. We'll reassess next year, but hopefully he is nice and tidy at home. His core area is the center of our property

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              He's not remotely on the shooting list lol. We'll reassess next year, but hopefully he is nice and tidy at home. His core area is the center of our property
                              Glad to hear that. He needs more time for sure. That is going to be a neat buck when he gets mature.

Comment

Pass!

Comment

Working...
                                X