20 points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 points?

High Fence 2yr old we call Trashy. Think he can push 20 scoreable?
    Attached Files

NO doubt!

Comment

I see 17 so far but it's early and not the best angle for counting some of the back ones

Comment

Hi fence or no fence he gonna b a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
          I see 17 so far but it's early and not the best angle for counting some of the back ones

The only back one so far is that drop tine you can see on left beam. Very excited to see how he finishes.

Comment

Wow he'll be interesting to watch

Comment

Awesome youngster

Comment

How do those HF ranchers get so many points? Just protein? Or mix of genetics and protein?

Comment

It's more genetics than anything. Protein definitely helps, but if you don't have the genetics, you will never get that kind of buck. Great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by hallp82 View Post
                    How do those HF ranchers get so many points? Just protein? Or mix of genetics and protein?

Genetics! All the way

Comment

Originally posted by hallp82 View Post
                      NUTRITION,NUTRITION,NUTRITION!!! { Assuming native homegrown deer}

Deer kept on an extremely high nutritional plane over generations get bigger and bigger. Imagine: A young buck born to a mother whose mothers, mothers, mothers, mother were all on an extremely high nutritional plane their entire life...everyday.

Drifting afar it is one of the fallacies with culling. So often the deer being culled doesn't have a genetic deficiency but rather a nutritional deficiency.

Comment

great looking stud

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          NUTRITION,NUTRITION,NUTRITION!!! { Assuming native homegrown deer}
                          Deer kept on an extremely high nutritional plane over generations get bigger and bigger. Imagine: A young buck born to a mother whose mothers, mothers, mothers, mother were all on an extremely high nutritional plane their entire life...everyday.
                          Nothing personal, but not what I've experienced. If nutrition alone made great animals ranchers would not pay big money for better bulls.

Comment

Originally posted by huntex View Post
                            Nothing personal, but not what I've experienced. If nutrition alone made great animals ranchers would not pay big money for better bulls.
                            Have you seen his deer

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                              Have you seen his deer
                              No, and I'm happy for him if he is successful in his location with his methods.

Comment

Working...
                              X