Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Cam Pics - 8-5-2020

We are seeing a lot of bucks. I'm hoping to have a final count on how many bucks we have but we are going to need to shoot a handful of these older 8's this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	07250360 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24626045

Name:	08020037 (Large).jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24626046

Name:	08050014 (Large).jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24626047

Name:	08060421 (Large).jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24626048

Name:	08060600 (Large).jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	24626049

Name:	08060611 (Large).jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24626050

Name:	08060613 (Large).jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24626051

Comment

Lookin’ awesome bud!! This is by far one of my favorite threads on here. I love following along!! Pretty please keep it native!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        Lookin’ awesome bud!! This is by far one of my favorite threads on here. I love following along!! Pretty please keep it native!!
        Thanks! Our plan is to keep it native. Just need to continue to reduce our deer numbers.

Comment

I agree with Puncher ! I really look forward to ur updates. I love seeing native deer reach their genetic potential . You and Elgato good job.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine3030 View Post
            i love seeing native deer reach their genetic potential . You and elgato good job.
            x 1,000,000

Comment

For us, it’s more rewarding by keeping it native and find ways to continue to improve the native habitat by reducing cedar, grazing, prescribed burning, etc. just have to remind ourselves that it takes time and doesn’t happen overnight. Baby steps!

Comment

I could be wrong here, but I think you will be very pleasantly surprised in about 5 years if you aren’t already. Your bucks are way ahead of the curve, which just shows how well you are managing your property. When these fawns that have been eating protein their whole life reach 7 years old I think things will be very special. I’ll be really curious to see how much mass and body weight change over time!

Comment

This thread is amazing. I spent the last two days reading every post. I love your approach and look forward to following from here on out. Makes me wish my dads place was your size. 175 is just waaaayyyyy too small for me to high fence.

Comment

Score Help

Here is a picture of the buck that was a 9pt last year and I saw him in person once, at the very end of the season. He is a 10pt this year with a kicker off his G2. Please let me know what you think he scores as we believe him to be 7.5yrs this fall:

Name:	IMG_8041 (Large).jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24629388

Comment

Guessing right at 150 but could be off on beams and mass. What is typical mass and beam measurements on your mature deer?

Comment

Very nice deer. I am seeing low 150's. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is a really nice deer

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                            Very nice deer. I am seeing low 150's. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
                            x2 all around

Comment

149” to 151” Tks for update great deer . Y’all gonna let him breed some does and take him this year ?

Comment

I’m thinking 148 or so. Not sure how much mass y’alls bucks have compared to ours. Very easily could be low 50’s depending on mass

Comment

Working...
                                X