Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
    This is by far my favorite thread. I find myself disappointed when I check back and there are no updates . Lol Haven’t seen any pics of ur good bucks in awhile? Hint hint
    I’m hoping to provide some more buck pictures after my next trip.

Comment

Just curious, why not use a tree shear, pile, and burn? Love this thread too, you aren't too far away from my place up in the Hill Country. Learned a lot of good info.

Comment

I would love to use a tree shear but we will need a dozer to create the new road so we thought using a dozer for everything would be a little cheaper.

Comment

That cooler lift is smart.
          Swinging arm is handy.

Comment

I saw big brows this past week. He is still in great shape. Can’t wait to see what he looks like as a 7yr old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking Pic. His body condition looks to be in great shape to. If I didn’t know better I would think I was looking at a pic of a Kanas Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                Good looking Pic. His body condition looks to be in great shape to. If I didn’t know better I would think I was looking at a pic of a Kanas Giant.
                +1.

Thanks for sharing the photo.
                Mature bucks look like separate species after watching my youngsters.

Comment

The 3.5 acre wheat field is still green and about 2-3in tall. I’m surprised to see how well it’s doing especially since it’s only received 0.10in of rain since planting. The clover and chicory are starting to grow as well. I’m hoping that we get some rain over the next 2 weeks so this field can provide a lot of forage through the winter and into Spring time.

Comment

One of my son’s good friend was able to shoot one of our cull bucks this past week.

We are going to try to shoot 1 more cull buck and 2 more doe.

Comment

very impressive all the way around! Congrats on the success!

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

I saw big brows this past week. He is still in great shape. Can’t wait to see what he looks like as a 7yr old.

What a stud!!!! I would like to see him at 8...

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                          What a stud!!!! I would like to see him at 8...
                          Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            Me too!
                            We would love if he made it to 8yrs old. Have no plans on shooting him next year.

Comment

The dozer guy started today and will continue through next week. Hoping to get rid of around 8 acres worth of cedar. I ordered 5 acres worth of Turner Seed’s pollinator mix that we will be broadcasting into the freshly dozed soils. I’ll post some before and after pictures.

Comment

I’m excited to see the completed work.

Comment

Working...
                                X