No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty buck. I think you are correct on age. It'll be interesting to see how he finishes out.

Comment

I definitely don’t see him younger than 7. Awesome looking buck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        I agree!

Comment

Comment

Pictures

Here's a couple good pictures of the pretty 10-point and his history over the years.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	07280462 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	24688107

Name:	07280463 (Large).jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	24688108

Name:	10pt History.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24688109

We are going to let this buck walk this year as well. We think he is a 6yr old based on our history.

Comment

Very nice buck.

Comment

Great updates here lately.

Comment

Great looking place, I did not look at every post because of the amount but I did see the beginning posts. I would love to help you out with that turkey population if you need it. Name your price if you like. There is nothing better, to me, than turkeys in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                    Great updates here lately.
                    Thanks! It's interesting to see which bucks year after year. We are curious what that magic age will be for our place on when we should go after trophies. We were thinking 7 or 8yrs but we'll see what some of these older bucks do next year.

Comment

Man that buck has blown up! Maybe hard to pass this year but given your circumstances I think yall are making the right decision

Comment

Has anyone tried fortified cottonseed? We put out 1,000lbs of it last week and the deer haven’t touch it. Our deer love regular cottonseed so I figured it maybe just take some time to get used to it since it’s new. I love the fact that it has added minerals, just need the deer to eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                          Has anyone tried fortified cottonseed? We put out 1,000lbs of it last week and the deer haven’t touch it. Our deer love regular cottonseed so I figured it maybe just take some time to get used to it since it’s new. I love the fact that it has added minerals, just need the deer to eat it.
                          We used it last year. Deer hammered it. I couldn’t keep enough out. Do you mind sharing where you are getting yours and the price? I was getting mine for $11/bag last year, but they wouldn’t order me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                            We used it last year. Deer hammered it. I couldn’t keep enough out. Do you mind sharing where you are getting yours and the price? I was getting mine for $11/bag last year, but they wouldn’t order me anymore.
                            That's great to hear! They ate through all of our 5,000lbs of cottonseed around the end of April and have only been feeding protein since then so maybe it will take them some time to get back on it.

Tractor Supply stores have it in stock. The Stephenville, TX store had 82 bags of it and we purchased 20 bags at $13/bag.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                              Here's a couple good pictures of the pretty 10-point and his history over the years.
                              [ATTACH]1096705[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1096706[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1096707[/ATTACH]

We are going to let this buck walk this year as well. We think he is a 6yr old based on our history.
                              Let him get to 8....
                              You might be shocked..
                              He's a dandy.

Comment

Buck History

Here are a couple other bucks we have history with that we are letting go another year. Let me know your thoughts on the ages I have listed.

Name:	8pt History.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24688237
                                This guy has been an 8pt but this year has turned into an 11pt.

Name:	Wide 8pt History.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	24688238

Name:	Big Brows History.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	24688239
                                This is the buck we were hoping would take a huge jump up this year but I'm assuming this years drought has really hurt him in terms of antler growth. Hoping he gets even bigger next year. We have him aged at 6yrs but he could be a 7yr old.

Name:	Other 10pt History.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24688240
                                This was a buck we thought was 6yrs old last year and this year is a pretty 10pt. Just a pretty buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X