No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m assuming that buck is 6? I love the age progression shots. Definitely my favorite part of managing deer is watching how they change.

Comment

I’m thinking he’s probably 5 or 6. Definitely one we are going to let go another year. Maybe he will really blow up after a normal year of rain, if we get it.

Comment

We saw 8 fawns today while driving around. Maybe our fawn crop won’t be as bad as I originally thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for y’all.
          You snaring trapping yotes and cats ?
          Our fawn crop is definitely lower this year
          But we still have a few alive. Saw a third fawn also nursing a doe with her twins this week.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            Good for y’all.
            You snaring trapping yotes and cats ?
            Our fawn crop is definitely lower this year
            But we still have a few alive. Saw a third fawn also nursing a doe with her twins this week.

BP
            We haven't been snaring coyotes of bobcats over the past two months just because we haven't been out here. We've covered all holes in the fences and haven't seen any coyotes or cats at any of our watering holes, which is odd. I think resting our property the past year and a half has benefited us a lot as there are a lot of areas with good grass. In fact, we saw several fawns bedding the areas where we cut cedars last year and let them lay under oaks and the grasses have grown in between the cedar skeletons making it very good cover for fawns.

Comment

Here’s a picture of a nice young buck.

Comment

Here’s a picture of a buck we call Big Brows.

Comment

Man you have some excellent deer this year!

Comment

Comment

Here’s a gnarly one!

Sorry for the poor pictures. I’m posting while in the passenger seat. I’ll post some better pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

We set up a few new feeders and put out 1,000lbs of the fortified cottonseed from TSC. We have protein, cottonseed, and corn available for our deer herd to try and get them through this drought!

Comment

That gnarly buck is awesome! How old do you think he is?

Comment

Gnarls Barkley

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gnarls Barkley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	24688091

Here is the history we have of Gnarls Barkley. We believe him to be 6yrs (possibly 7yrs) this year. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                                [ATTACH]1096657[/ATTACH]

Here is the history we have of Gnarls Barkley. We believe him to be 6yrs (possibly 7yrs) this year. What do you guys think?

Holy [emoji90] Batman! He’s a stud of a deer. Super cool character.

Comment

Working...
                                X