• Show
Clear All

Did you get the go ahead on him

Comment

Bring out the boom stick!!! Someone will kill him

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
        Did you get the go ahead on him
        Land owner said it's a no go. No one else is going to kill him. The group behind us was told no as well. Other than that there is a huge 40,000+ acres that isn't hunted he hangs out on. I'm after one of the other ones. We have some culling to do on some of the elk. Meat is meat, this guy gets a pass for now, but I'll have some LDP's of something else soon.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
          Land owner said it's a no go. No one else is going to kill him. The group behind us was told no as well. Other than that there is a huge 40,000+ acres that isn't hunted he hangs out on. I'm after one of the other ones. We have some culling to do on some of the elk. Meat is meat, this guy gets a pass for now, but I'll have some LDP's of something else soon.
          Its cool that you get to take one, good luck

Comment

I want to see what he looks like after you ground check him!

Comment

SO it was a no go the whole time???

At least you get to kill one period

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                SO it was a no go the whole time???

At least you get to kill one period
                Land owner didn't tell me for a long time. Finally gave official word last month. I just never saw him before that.

Comment

Glad you get to shoot one of the other ones since you are spending the money feeding them. Any idea what the landowner plans to do with this elk?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                    Glad you get to shoot one of the other ones since you are spending the money feeding them. Any idea what the landowner plans to do with this elk?
                    Said he wants to have someone come dart it and sell it. I laughed my arse off. I've seen him 2 times in the last 10 months. Neither time could I have shot him and I've been out sitting in stands at least 40 times. No person is going to come site 40 times to not get a shot on him. If it were some small high fence place maybe, but not out here where we are.

I'm glad I'll get some elk meat. Delicious stuff. Need to fill the freezer. Not too worried about not killing him right now. There are a lot of others out there that need to go. More importantly I need to keep the lease and not get tossed for shooting him. lol

Comment

Is the landowner allowed to look at your TC pics and tell you he gets to shoot the big whitetail too?

It seems odd that you have a lease agreement and are allowed to shoot smaller elk but he gets to decide what to do with the trophy elk. It would rub me the wrong way but it seems like an awesome lease and I understand why you want to be nice and stay on it.

Comment

Just read this whole thing ... pretty crappy of the landowner to not tell you he's off limits until you pumped a LOT of protein in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          Just read this whole thing ... pretty crappy of the landowner to not tell you he's off limits until you pumped a LOT of protein in him.
                          I would be asking for my money back and giving him the bird on the way out.

Comment

I bet dollars to donuts the landowners gonna take a bunch of money from someone and let them come out after deer seasons over and kill it.

But in fairness I did call it back on post 201.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              I bet dollars to donuts the landowners gonna take a bunch of money from someone and let them come out after deer seasons over and kill it.

But in fairness I did call it back on post 201.
                              Someone would be throwing their money away, cant shoot what you cant see. And I have cameras set up all over my spot hidden to catch people on my area.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                                Someone would be throwing their money away, cant shoot what you cant see. And I have cameras set up all over my spot hidden to catch people on my area.
                                So let me get this right...you cannot kill him?

Comment

Working...
                                X