• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to see what this guy turns into

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Now that's what I'm talking about......Nice deer, I have one that looks a lot like that one but I don't think he is as wide but close.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Good looking deer there, Arrowslinger. In for the progression pics and ultimately the LDP's.

Comment

Age on this one?

Comment

I'd say 4.5+ based on that pic. Face looks grey, body makes the legs look short, back is starting to sway. That first pic is a good looking deer. In to see what he becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
              I'd say 4.5+ based on that pic. Face looks grey, body makes the legs look short, back is starting to sway. That first pic is a good looking deer. In to see what he becomes.

Agree. He is also a Taurus. Enjoys acorns and hanging out with his bros until they get annoying every fall.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                That picture was a few weeks ago. We will check the cameras again next week. We actually moved this camera about a hundred yards off this feeder on some hand corn. We didn't know there was a bachelor group coming in when we moved the camera. But I bet we have more pictures of him where we moved the camera. I'm definitely going to try and pattern him and get on him early in the season if he turns out nice.

Comment

Headed up to Push in the morning to check cameras and do a little scouting. When do y'all start putting out stands?

Comment

Will have two of my stands hung by the second week in August. Others we have already out from last season. Have fun!

Comment

My tree stands are up and I will put my up popup stands out soon. I'm going up this weekend for a little getaway with some buddies. Its going to be a hot one.

Comment

Got the cameras checked and feeders filled, lots of hogs and a couple of deer and bears.

Comment

all our stands are already up. all we have to do is fill a couple feeders and set some cameras up. we wont be there till late August most likely.

Comment

Gonna see about taking care of some of our hog problem on Monday or Tuesday. Give the bow a little workout. Question is put out the pop up and maybe have skittish pigs at the feeder or go up a tree in the climbing stand? Just how warry are hogs of a popup blind being placed in an area?
                            Last edited by B G; 07-17-2015, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                              Gonna see about taking care of some of our hog problem on Monday or Tuesday. Give the bow a little workout. Question is put out the pop up and maybe have skittish pigs at the feeder or go up a tree in the climbing stand? Just how warry are hogs of a popup blind being placed in an area?

My experience is that you will need to be in the climber. Hogs up in that part of the country are super skittish. I think a Popup will scare them off.

Good luck. Hood to see LDP's.

Comment

I agree. get in the tree. our hogs are on pins and needles most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X