2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    Seen it start regularly in late Dec/Early Jan but have also seen some sporting half a rack into late Jan as well.
    No joke! Wow! I have seen bucks with their antlers as late as March here in SETx.
    Might have to make a trip to OK to do some shed hunting.

Comment

Our trip was a bust. Didn't see a deer other than while driving around.

Comment

Pretty neat......all you need is a carrot and a potato and you got the makings of a good soup. ha!

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
          Pretty neat......all you need is a carrot and a potato and you got the makings of a good soup. ha!
          Put my tags in with it maybe it will taste better.

Not to self shoot my doe early instead of waiting and be left with tag soup!

Should have took one of these.

Comment

The guys on my place didn't even hunt. Apparently they decided to do some rock climbing instead. 2015 is in the books for us. Ten deer total and no hogs this year. We bought a bull dozer and will be putting in some work over the summer once we sign the contract agin. We don't plan on doing much until we know we have the place again. We are always worried about the big money a holes that leases the other 15000 acres from our hunt club.

Comment

They are pushing us out little by little. I'll be surprised if we have the place for many more years. We are not paying $8-10 an acre. The tags are expensive even without lease fees.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                They are pushing us out little by little. I'll be surprised if we have the place for many more years. We are not paying $8-10 an acre. The tags are expensive even without lease fees.
                Hopefully them Louisiana boys don't push yall out, not sure why they would they hunt right on our border line. We actually thought they were set up on our property had to check the map to be sure.

Comment

throwing my hat in the ring for any lease openings y'all my have! nice deer!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
                    throwing my hat in the ring for any lease openings y'all my have! nice deer!
                    Nice deer on camera and nice deer on the ground are two different things! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      Nice deer on camera and nice deer on the ground are two different things! Lol

So true! Out of all the decent bucks on camera, we never saw one live while hunting.

Comment

At the lease for one last chance at a second deer before the end of the season. Packed a lunch and plan to sit all day.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                          At the lease for one last chance at a second deer before the end of the season. Packed a lunch and plan to sit all day.

Awesome. Pulling for you!

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Had a mature doe and her yearling come in at 9:30 but never presented a shot. Just passed on a nubbin buck that stood at 10 yards eating for more than 30 minutes. Hoping the doe will return
                            Last edited by B G; 01-13-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hey gents, I've been offered the opportunity to hunt 160 acres in Hughes Co. next year. Has anyone hunted on a place this small before? If so, how'd you keep from over hunting it? Hoping to go up around mid-March and check it out. Should I just throw out a few bags of corn before I commit to buying a feeder and see what shows up on camera or would I be better served putting out some feeding tubes?

Comment

Corn on the ground will get deer quicker. May take time for them to get used to the tube. If deer are in the area they will be traveling through so I wouldn't worry about over hunting. Just make sure there is a reason for them to be there. If you have a water source put a camera on it. Our pond is where I have gotten a lot of good video and we don't hunt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X