X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Siri so sorry about the odd text and dictation

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
      We went up last weekend and got rained on We didn't have much going on at our lease but did see a giant run out in front of the truck when we were pulling up. Prob mid 140 deer. Sorry no one pics. The deer knew better than to stick around long.

We did catch some poachers red-handed though. We pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck we pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck. We decided to walk through the gate which was locked and found the guys sitting on the road about halfway to our camP. After a pretty ugly discussion, a locked and loaded AR15 , and some nice threats the guys cordially left the property.

If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately. If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately we decided not to disarm them and report them to the game warden out of fear that our camp would be burned down the next time we went up there. Nothing got too crazy in the guys knew they were caught red-handed and cooperated pretty well. They understand that if we catch them again they're going to leave with more than just a blackeye

Good job on the poachers! !! I figure alot of that goes on up there. There is alot of land with different access points up there with public land close by.

Comment

One of the guys connected with this cull Saturday. It was a slow weekend for me didn't see much and what I did see the cows kept them on pins and needles.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
          We went up last weekend and got rained on We didn't have much going on at our lease but did see a giant run out in front of the truck when we were pulling up. Prob mid 140 deer. Sorry no one pics. The deer knew better than to stick around long.

We did catch some poachers red-handed though. We pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck we pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck. We decided to walk through the gate which was locked and found the guys sitting on the road about halfway to our camP. After a pretty ugly discussion, a locked and loaded AR15 , and some nice threats the guys cordially left the property.

If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately. If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately we decided not to disarm them and report them to the game warden out of fear that our camp would be burned down the next time we went up there. Nothing got too crazy in the guys knew they were caught red-handed and cooperated pretty well. They understand that if we catch them again they're going to leave with more than just a blackeye

Nice work. I hate poachers. SOB's. I'm sure that we have shooters taken off our place each year by these types of scumbags. They're like ants in this neck of the woods. Squash one and 5 more pop out from a hole somewhere. I caught one red handed yet but it's probably just a matter of time.

You did a good thing getting their ID information. A friendly call to the GW to give him a heads up may still be a prudent thing to consider. Your camp burns down next week anyway and it may be all you have to help your case.

They won't stop. They will just move places.

Kudos to you guys for doing your part.

Nice cull too!

Comment

that is a beast mode cull buck right there.

The poaching thing really ticks me off. the last two years I have found old road kills on our property no more than 200 yards off the road. one was a 12 pt and the other was a 130 class ten.

Comment

Any updates? Anyone going this week? I'll make my last hunt of the year later this week hoping the up coming cold will have them moving.

Comment

Planning on taking my son up on Thursday and staying through the weekend. Still trying to get his first deer.

Comment

Couple of us will be up Tuesday and Wednesday again. Looks like we had a few possible shooters survive the gauntlet of rifle season, so we will see if anything shows. At this point I would be happy with a doe for the freezer.

Comment

You boys do any good?

Comment

I didn't see anything while hunting. Scared up a doe and some pigs while driving the road to check cams. Last evening the other guy hunting had a buck skirt just out of range. He said that the buck was missing one side of his rack, guess he already dropped the other side.

Comment

A couple guys on outpace are headed up today. One last hoorah

Comment

All of our bucks are shedding their horns, found this one today. Also a picture of a turnip out of our food plot.

Comment

Nice shed! Good looking turnip as well.

Comment

That's a good shed. They're shedding already? Is that typical? I was always under the impression bucks shed their antlers in February.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                                That's a good shed. They're shedding already? Is that typical? I was always under the impression bucks shed their antlers in February.

Seen it start regularly in late Dec/Early Jan but have also seen some sporting half a rack into late Jan as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X