No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The family and I are heading up on Friday to try to get my 11 year old on a deer. Anyone heading up this weekend for some late season fun?

Comment

We will be hunting Tuesday and Wednesday at our lease. I lost a doe opening weekend, made a shot on with her at an extreme quartering away angle. Never found any blood, didn't find the arrow and haven't seen her on camera since. Sucks cause I walked every trail for 50 yards from the point of impact and then made a circle just in case, even looked in the creek she ran towards. Nothing. Two weeks ago another guy liver shot a spike out of my blind and then spooked a deer getting out after waiting only 30 minutes to come get me on the other side of the lease. We had a decent blood trail for about 60 yards that went in a half circle behind the feeder and then it stopped. Again we never found the arrow, walked multiple trails for another 40 yards on each and didn't find any more blood. Told him the deer he spooked was the deer he shot because he didn't give it enough time before coming to get me. Crap of that was he spooked deer off the area I was in before they got into bow range, so it was a wasted hunt for me.

Comment

I'll be heading that way this weekend, forcast calls for south wind all weekend that's killing me to hunt some of my best spots! !!

Comment

Little early for the bucks to shed horns isn't it?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yessir. Seems about a month early to me.

Comment

Heading up tomorrow after the kids get out of school. Looking forward to running the cams to see which shooters have ran the gauntlet of rifle season.

Temps will be up a bit higher than I like but it is better than lower 40's and rain like last time we were up.

Safe travels all.

Comment

How do y'all locate a lease in this area?
                Also is the pricing high like a Texas lease? The terrain looks beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                  How do y'all locate a lease in this area?

Also is the pricing high like a Texas lease? The terrain looks beautiful.

Check out cglease.com. They aren't taking any bids until after Christmas but they have leases in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and other states.

Comment

Me and Little Britches are at it.

Comment

We hung in for the morning hunt but after sitting for a few hours, then target shooting she was spent. Finishing the evening over a smaller clear cut.

Comment

Any luck Micah?

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                          Any luck Micah?

No sir. We will be back after them tomorrow morning.

Comment

Good luck, buddy. Hope you're little girl gets a deer on the ground!

Comment

Well, the weather cooperated but the deer sure did not. Guess they didn't read the script.

The cool thing about hunting with your kids is even if you don't get a deer on the ground it is a blast spending time with them. Prepping gear, getting ready, to and from the stand and the conversations during the sits are priceless.

I'm blessed.

Anyone get into the woods this weekend?

Comment

We went up last weekend and got rained on We didn't have much going on at our lease but did see a giant run out in front of the truck when we were pulling up. Prob mid 140 deer. Sorry no one pics. The deer knew better than to stick around long.

We did catch some poachers red-handed though. We pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck we pulled up to the gate and it was blocked off by a truck. We decided to walk through the gate which was locked and found the guys sitting on the road about halfway to our camP. After a pretty ugly discussion, a locked and loaded AR15 , and some nice threats the guys cordially left the property.

If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately. If you see these two losers you need to run them off of your property immediately we decided not to disarm them and report them to the game warden out of fear that our camp would be burned down the next time we went up there. Nothing got too crazy in the guys knew they were caught red-handed and cooperated pretty well. They understand that if we catch them again they're going to leave with more than just a blackeye

Comment

Working...
                                X