No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like you guys are having fun. I haven't been back since black powder season because I've been so focused on hunting my place in NTX. I shot a big ten Friday morning so I'll likely be focusing on our Push county property pretty soon. may try to make it up next weekend or the weekend after thanksgiving. I'll get some pics up f the bucks we shot during BP season soon. photo bucket and I are not getting along well right now.

Comment

here is a link to the thread I started about my buck I killed Friday. Check it out.

Comment

here is a link to the thread I started about my buck I killed Friday. Check it out.

Comment

The rut is on in Atoka Co. gents. Hunted the past five days and witnessed three does being chased hard by three different bucks. Could've shot a little 4 point and a broken up 8 point but passed. Hopefully I'll get to go back in mid-December and all the acorns will be gone. Patterning deer right now is tough, they don't have to go far to eat. That and the two draw hunts over the past two weekends really changed the deer patterns. I still had fun drawing on the broken 8 though, so the trip wasn't a total loss. And I found a ton of big rubs and fresh scrapes. Had a question, was gonna look it up on google but I'm about to hit the road, how can you differentiate between last years rubs and this years? Some of these rubs are huge and look fresh, but I don't want to move into an area and try to hunt a buck that is either dead or has moved into another area.

Comment

Saw all bucks and no doe at all. Still waiting on a mature one to by.

Comment

That's a good lookin ten!

Comment

How in the hell did you pass on that 10 point? I know that's a 3.5 year old deer, so either you've got some monsters around or you're crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                  How in the hell did you pass on that 10 point? I know that's a 3.5 year old deer, so either you've got some monsters around or you're crazy!
                  He was narrow maybe 14-15" wide, and yes also we have some BIG deer on camera. We try and shoot 140" or bigger. I never thought I would pass n deer like I have this year.

Comment

He would probably go 125
                    Last edited by arrowslinger; 11-15-2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post

Don't hold back, Ron. Tell us how you really feel! LOL

The line forms to the left for folks that would center punch that buck. Any given year I might be in that line. Not this year though. We've got a few running around our place that dictate prudence. Once I get the videos downloaded from the lease laptop I'll post a few up.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

He would probably go 125

Man that's a solid buck, another couple of years he's gonna be a monster! I can tell you right now that if that bucked walked out in front of me this morning I'd have no problem punching my tag on him. But of course, I can't really manage my spot like you guys can. I'd be happy to help you guys out though if given the chance ( hint hint arrowslinger ).

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                          Don't hold back, Ron. Tell us how you really feel! LOL

The line forms to the left for folks that would center punch that buck. Any given year I might be in that line. Not this year though. We've got a few running around our place that dictate prudence. Once I get the videos downloaded from the lease laptop I'll post a few up.

Can't wait to see those videos, Micah.

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

This one bit the dust Saturday morning, #2 on the hit list. We didn't see any chasing but we must not be where any of the does have gone to. This season reminds me of 2012 with the bumper crop of acorns this year, they are everywhere. I expect more late season success in our area when they're coming back to corn and rice bran. For now the only thing on their mind is sex and acorns.

Congrats to my lease mate Jeremy on a fine Oklahoma buck. We rough scored him at 134".

Comment

Daniel that's an awesome buck!!!

Comment

11/15

This morning was a bust, but the evenings are better! Saw 9 this evening with 5 being bucks with two shooter among them! Yardage and time is the reason for the lack of connection! Hopefully time will tell!

Comment

Working...
                                X