No announcement yet.

What do you do when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully you always have something coming up through the ranks...

Comment

It's unfortunate but if you put in the time getting ready for next season you'll already be ahead of everyone else on the lease and eventually it'll pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by rbwilkes View Post
        Deer get older every year...just wait on the next mature bunch.
        deer have a birthday every year. best way to look at it. if the rainy pattern continues, no telling what might blow up next year.

Comment

i think if you are consistently seeing deer at your lease...stay on the lease! Lots of us here in ETX have gone this whole season without seeing ANYTHING! I'd kill to see deer every sit.

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
            Did somebody get our buck Calvin ?? I was sure hoping it would be either you or I, we both put a lot of time in hunting him.
            Im afraid so Patrick, I havent put my hands on it but will in a couple of days. I will let ya know for sure. I just knew you would be the one to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              If you leave your lease every time your target buck gets killed or dies or leaves your going to be changing leases often. As long as your lease has a decent management plan and follows that plan you should have new target bucks each year.
              I apologize for the way I sounded in this post, it wasnt my intention to be negative towards gun hunters, heck I still hunt with guns. I was frustrated thats all.
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 02-02-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I understand your frustration. And with the circumstances you mentioned leaving my be the right choice. But with leases as hard to find as they are these days I definitely wouldn't leave until you locate a replacement. Just my $.02.

Comment

Originally posted by Russdvdsn View Post
                  It's unfortunate but if you put in the time getting ready for next season you'll already be ahead of everyone else on the lease and eventually it'll pay off.
                  Yes this is my intentions every year as I am the only one that is management minded, it doesnt seem to be any interest to the others. I guess there in lies my frustration. I hope it pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                    I understand your frustration. And with the circumstances you mentioned leaving my be the right choice. But with leases as hard to find as they are these days I definitely wouldn't leave until you locate a replacement. Just my $.02.
                    Man, it was an accumulation of things, not being able to hunt like I wanted, chasing the same buck for 4 years and not even getting a glimpse of him, all the effort, all the scouting, protein feed, minerals, then to have someone that put absolutely no effort other than a corn feeder kill the doggone thing kinda upset me thats all. Hope I didnt offend anyone, that was not my intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Im afraid so Patrick, I havent put my hands on it but will in a couple of days. I will let ya know for sure. I just knew you would be the one to get him.
                      Hey, we can both say we gave it our best efforts to get him ! I could have shot him with a gun several times, just didn't want to do it that way. In hindsight maybe I should have

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
                        Hey, we can both say we gave it our best efforts to get him ! I could have shot him with a gun several times, just didn't want to do it that way. In hindsight maybe I should have
                        20/20 brother. I never told you this. I was riding into my lease oneday, just gonna be a minute to pull a card. Guess who stepped out in the road? And me without a gun. pretty sure it was him, only saw half of his rack. If it wasnt him it was a real good one none the less. Yeah Patrick, I gave it my best and Im sure you did too. Next up!

Comment

It's harsh, but he paid his money just like you.

There are only two ways to fix this:
                          1) Stop whining and complaining and HUNT!
                          2) Find a lease with like minded hunters that aren't going to kill your buck.

The first time I started hunting a buck like this I ****** a lot of people off; none more than my high school football coach! You should have seen his face when I told him I was quitting the team to hunt ONE deer!

The deer has to become your world; family, friends, parties, girlfriends everything comes second.

I wouldn't do that now, but I did it then; and it paid off for me. Hard work always beats lucky, you can only blame yourself!

Now, pick next years buck and use what you learned to tag him!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            It's harsh, but he paid his money just like you.

There are only two ways to fix this:
                            1) Stop whining and complaining and HUNT!
                            2) Find a lease with like minded hunters that aren't going to kill your buck.

The first time I started hunting a buck like this I ****** a lot of people off; none more than my high school football coach! You should have seen his face when I told him I was quitting the team to hunt ONE deer!

The deer has to become your world; family, friends, parties, girlfriends everything comes second.

I wouldn't do that now, but I did it then; and it paid off for me. Hard work always beats lucky, you can only blame yourself!

Now, pick next years buck and use what you learned to tag him!
                            Took a whole roll of Brauny, but Im good now. Started yesterday to find a better place to headem off at the pass. Found one...I think, show did look like a good crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by rbwilkes View Post
                              Deer get older every year...just wait on the next mature bunch.
                              I agree with this. Plus at least you know what happened to him. I have had deer that I passed up be seen the next year by one of my buddies and then he disappeared. I passed up a pretty nice 5.5 year old buck this year 3 times. He was within our criteria, but I think he can get better. Hopefully I will get a chance to get him next season, but if not there will be other deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                                I agree with this. Plus at least you know what happened to him. I have had deer that I passed up be seen the next year by one of my buddies and then he disappeared. I passed up a pretty nice 5.5 year old buck this year 3 times. He was within our criteria, but I think he can get better. Hopefully I will get a chance to get him next season, but if not there will be other deer.
                                Yep, me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X