Shed Thread 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
    Just got a report from my dad today that one buck we had on the place that was injured may have shed his antlers. He just caught a quick glimpse of him and said if it was then he had dropped them. This is in Red River County.

Is it normal for them to drop early if they have a serious injury ??
    Yes, we have seen them shed early with an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
      I guess this is THE Shed thread so...found my first ones Sunday...some from the buck we call "Whopper". Scored them with a 22" spread (from looking at TC pics) and should come out around 181 and some change maybe a little bigger as I went conservative.
      congrats on a great find!

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
        I guess this is THE Shed thread so...found my first ones Sunday...some from the buck we call "Whopper". Scored them with a 22" spread (from looking at TC pics) and should come out around 181 and some change maybe a little bigger as I went conservative.
        Great name for a great deer. Awesome finding the sheds!

Comment

perfectstorm..... why would you want to split those locked bucks apart?

If anybody finds a locked set of bucks and wants to sale them, please send me a PM

Comment

I never had looked for sheds before last year because of being pretty busy during the Spring. A friend and I went out during Spring Break (March 14th) to fill feeders up for turkey season and we found these in about 45 minutes. They were all in 2 wheat fields. It was like an adult Easter egg hunt. We are going back this year on the same date hoping to repeat our findings from last year. Not very likely!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              I never had looked for sheds before last year because of being pretty busy during the Spring. A friend and I went out during Spring Break (March 14th) to fill feeders up for turkey season and we found these in about 45 minutes. They were all in 2 wheat fields. It was like an adult Easter egg hunt. We are going back this year on the same date hoping to repeat our findings from last year. Not very likely!
              Nice finds!

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                perfectstorm..... why would you want to split those locked bucks apart?

If anybody finds a locked set of bucks and wants to sale them, please send me a PM
                Watching them grow up since yearlings, the husband does not want to be reminded of how they met their fate. They were breeder genetics we low fence released to increase the genetics of our place. For them to dodge vehicles and other hunters for 4 years only to die like that made him sick. To my husband, mounting them together would be like mounting your dog under a tire of truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  It is exciting to find them! Just something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                    Watching them grow up since yearlings, the husband does not want to be reminded of how they met their fate. They were breeder genetics we low fence released to increase the genetics of our place. For them to dodge vehicles and other hunters for 4 years only to die like that made him sick. To my husband, mounting them together would be like mounting your dog under a tire of truck.
                    Never would have thought of a circumstance like that. 100% agree with you though. That is a gut punch.

Comment

We love finding them more than easter eggs! In all my years I don't see a common factor for when they drop them. I just watch trail cams on big bucks to see when they are showing up without them then I go find them. The rain isn't a factor neither has been feed. Nor the size of the bucks horns or bodies nor the age of them. Just like kids teeth ...they are coming out when they come out.

Comment

Comment

Found the good side to the heavy 9. He's coming 4 or 5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424303614.609258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	24364215
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424303648.493706.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	24364216

Comment

[/URL]

What does GS think about this bucks future growth? A LOT of skull attached to this one

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                              Found the good side to the heavy 9. He's coming 4 or 5.

[ATTACH]694689[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]694690[/ATTACH]
                              You found that in Devers?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                You found that in Devers?

No. Our place is closer to Sour Lake

Comment

Working...
                                X