• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
    Why do you ask?
    You think he is older?
    Sure was fat.

BP
    One of my friends shot this deer, not me. I wasn't out there to look at it to get my eyes on him. My friend thought it was a really old buck that wasn't going to be much. I went to the GS for some help on aging as we are just trying to manage our herd and shoot does and culls every year.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy1g5 View Post
      Judging from the milk coming out of his mouth....just messing with ya. 1.5
      Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        I'm gonna say 1.5, 2.5 MAX

What's the rest of the story?
        My friends family place I have been hunting for a long time. We have always shot spikes and does and the occasional cull. Only 3 culls in 15 years and the rest of the time we have taken 2-4 does and 1-2 spikes off if per year. We have only shot one mature buck, 140" 10 point in over 15 years. There's a bunch of talk about if taking spikes out of the herd is good or bad for your population and time will tell. This one wasn't a spike obviously but we usually shoot just spikes and does.

Comment

This buck was from last year and I passed on him at 15 yards to see what he'll do this year. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...&highlight=Age

Comment

going with consensus. Even though I would have thought younger.

Comment

I think I see milk on it's lips still hahaha

Comment

Working...
              X