Age and score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score

What do you guys think of this buck? We acquired this lease in the summer. There has been no supplemental feeding or management prio to our getting the lease. Since it was late antler growth season when we got it, we are going to let him pass this year and see what kind of jump he will make with protein.
    Attached Files

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

One more
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like he is mature, could be 5.5 and really blow up next year or could be older and may go the other way.

Comment

I think that deer is 6.5+, hard to tell if he will make a big jump or not. If he was 4.5 I'd say sure but at that age he may not. If the area had good rain this year he may be maxed out. Supplement on it's first yr usually doesn't make dramatic changes.

Comment

my guess is 5 1/2 yr old.

Comment

looks post mature to me

Comment

I say 5 1/2 or 6 1/2. I have hunted frio county my whole life. I would love to have another place to huntin frio county. Do you have any openings? Nice deer.

Comment

Looks like a 5.5 yr old. Pour some protein down his throat next spring/summer and see what he will do.

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
                    I say 5 1/2 or 6 1/2. I have hunted frio county my whole life. I would love to have another place to huntin frio county. Do you have any openings? Nice deer.
                    Not right now, but will keep you in mind.

Comment

Thanks man. Have a great season.

Comment

He looks post mature IMO. Another year may actually be worse for his head gear.

Good luck on the new place.

Comment

Mature buck. That would be hard for me to pass! Best of luck to you next year!

Comment

Working...
                          X