No announcement yet.

No Brow Tine Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what causes deer to not have brow tines. Seems like if you have deer with no brows there are a lot of them through the years. Our home place had them and we shot them every chance we got. Haven't seen a no brow deer come out of there in years for what it's worth.

Comment

If they are 1.5 or 2.5, or even 3.5 with potential, I would pass. I could never justify shooting a buck younger than 3.5, regardless of what size horns he has.

Comment

Bust em!

Comment

If they are 3.5+ with no brows I will shoot them on my ranches.

Comment

No brows signs the death warrant with me

Comment

I let one walk last yr from a 10 yd shot, and have not seen one since. Did someone else take him or was my thinking he was a young buck and this yr he grew brow tines I have had no problems letting him walk.

Comment

We battle it on our lease. We try and remove em!

Comment

Deer will not always grow the same set of antlers every year nutrition plays a huge part as well as genetics. Makes me sick people killing spikes that sill have milk molars. Will they be B&C bucks we'll never know their dead. Letting deer age is the only way to know. A good deer herd is made up of older bucks and younger healthy does

Comment

Cull

Comment

Like Flufster said we have trait in our lease. I think we try to wait until 3 and over but we do whack em.

Comment

What is your management plan? That will tell you what you should kill.....

Comment

Working...
                        X