X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 8pt is an awesome deer. Congrats!

Now you have something to look forward to next yearb

Comment

It's going to be tough finding this buck next season. Timber company has moved in and they are doing a number on the place. I am hoping they leave a little cover so he does not completely relocate. Not giving up hope yet.

This is the before and after of where my blind was, had to use gps to pinpoint because it looks so different.

This is where I got pictures of him on a scrape line.

More gut wrenching pics...

Last edited by EastTx; 04-10-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Wow. That's gonna suck for you this year but will be great by next year.

I bet you're glad you went ahead and shot that big 8 now.

Comment

Start cams way early and find out where he is....if there is a creek or thick area near by that may be where he moved his traveling route too. Where the does are is where the bucks will be too so hunt where the does hang out. Super buck and he does look young so he is going to be a STUD for years to come! Good luck

Comment

That puts a wrinkle in your plans! Sorry to hear that! You will still get him.

Comment

At least they are getting the cutting done now not right before season. Gotta love it!

Comment

Now you can plant food plots!!!

Comment

For what it's worth, the land owner I lease from decided to do some clearing about 2 months before the opener last year. I was freakin out as I knew it would probably change the travel patterns of the deer I was seeing on camera, which it did. But what I didn't know is that it would change the travel patterns of deer I had not seen. It wasn't until the landowner did the clearing that I started seeing a couple 140" class bucks. One stayed in the area all season and I saw him once during a sit without a shot but saw him a lot on camera. Point is, what I thought was a good situation turning bad actually turned the situation I had into an even better one. Hopefully you experience the same outcome as I did. You may be able to hunt more pinch points and funnels now . It could work to your advantage if he stays in the area. Good luck!

Comment

You could be really surprised how well this could make the deer move for you. We sheared and plowed a good chunk of land a few years back and it was like a magnet for the deer for the first few years. Good luck!

Comment

Those are both some incredible deer! I wish you all the best luck for this season and hope to see some close up pics of him!

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                        Those are both some incredible deer! I wish you all the best luck for this season and hope to see some close up pics of him!
                        Thanks!

Comment

Nice buck! Good luck getting him.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Timber company has moved out and they didn't leave much. They only left a few steep hills and several creek draws untouched. The draws should make for some great bowstands, and there are several log sets I plan on clearing and planting this fall. I also started a new salt lick and put a covert on it today. I am already anxious about hunting for this buck this season!

New view near where my blind was!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X