Witch Horn Buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witch Horn Buck.

As you all know this is my first year on this ranch. This buck came to the feeder for the first time. I seen the other eight pointer in another feeder about a quarter mile away. What do you guys think? He looks like 4.5 and don't know if that is and injury or his genetics. The eight pointer also looks 3.5/4.5 so he might get a pass this year.

Last edited by RF76; 10-14-2014, 06:26 PM.

That eight point looks young - he might turn wide here in a few years. Like the way his mains look.

We had two bucks with a single weird antler like that last year, haven't seen any yet this year so far. My guess is damage and could be normal next year?

Comment

I would bet they damaged the pedicle or the antler at an early stage. Doubt it's genetics

Comment

I agree

Comment

I will give them a pass, hope the neighbor from the south does he same thing.

Comment

Yeah, I would doubt that is genetics. More than likely an injury. Could be normal next year, but even if it is wonky again doesn't mean that it still wasn't injury.

We had a buck last year that the antler grew sidways out of the top of his head and his main beam went down and out. Like someone grabbed it and yanked it down on the side of his head. We got pictures of his early on this year and it was doing it again. He has a bump on the top of his head like where the base is under the skin is turned up on it's side. Haven't gotten pictures of him for a while, but they just started coming back to the feeders in the last week. Hopefully he will show back up. I would like to see how he turned out. He would easily make the 13" rule with the way the one antler turns way out.

On a south Tx ranch I would give them both a pass.

Comment

I'd bet velvet injury. I had this one a few years ago. He did not look like this the next year.

Comment

Velvet damage

Comment

Working...
                X