BCS area deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCS area deer

I patrol at night and see a lot of deer. Something ive noticed is south of town deer have much larger antlers on average. Anyone know why? I mean a huge difference in the larger bucks!!

where im at

maybe the ag growth is better south of town?

Comment

My guess it's because there are larger parcels of land south of town, including large subdivisions that allow deer to age. Also great cover on the east side of Hwy. 6 with the Navasota river bottom. Bottom line, more cover on the south side with less hunting pressure.

Comment

Ive seen huge deer in the subs. Bedded in yards . Just look at me as i drive by. I live in Edge and make the drive every night but never have i seen any really big deer.

where im at

Comment

There are some nice deer in that area

Comment

I saw a massive buck bedded down with a doe on the side of Highway 6 a couple years back. The biggest buck I have ever seen in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptedmonds3 View Post
              I saw a massive buck bedded down with a doe on the side of Highway 6 a couple years back. The biggest buck I have ever seen in the wild.
              By the hwy. Wow. Maybe ill see some bigger ones . Any good public areas

where im at

Comment

Finaly saw a good buck tonight. Standing in my yard when i left for work. Not wide but tall and thick

where im at

Comment

Working...
                X