6 point with potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 point with potential?

2 bucks i'm watching, an 8 with a funky looking rack that looks like they are as thick as a pencil, and a 6 point who looks a year younger, correct me if i'm wrong, with a wider rack and much thicker. i'm thinking the 8 is 3.5 years and the 6 is 2.5? I plan to take the 8 to get my first buck under my belt with my bow but i would love to see what that 6 looks like in a couple years.

I know the 8 is not old enough for most people's standards but our land touches national forest and neighbors all hunt as well so i'll take what i can get, i just hope the 6 can dodge the bullet for a couple more years. I also plan to start feeding protein as well.
    Attached Files

anyone with some insight?

Comment

Can't make out the photos real well, you should try moving it to the tree next to your feeder and lower, maybe 3' high off the ground.

In the last picture the one on the left looks young, 2.5. The one on the right looks older, 3.5 or so.

Need better/closer pictures so we can differentiate the bucks IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
        Can't make out the photos real well, you should try moving it to the tree next to your feeder and lower, maybe 3' high off the ground.

In the last picture the one on the left looks young, 2.5. The one on the right looks older, 3.5 or so.

x2

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          x2
          What they said ^^^^

Comment

Thanks for the advice, my cam is on the closest tree possible, I did move it down some and hand corned right up to the camera so hopefully that will work. I was just seeing what yall thought about the 6, to me he looks like he was a wider rack than the 8 with thicker horns so I thought he had good potential to be a nice buck in a couple years. But with my land touching public land and my neighbors hunting, right now I can only hope he makes it these next couple years.

Comment

5th pic down of the 6 leaving looks like he will be something great! To be that wide and that young, I would think you might have something in 3-4 years

Comment

It looks like the 6 is still in velvet which is why he appears heavier than the 8 pt. Both are young bucks probably 2.5 and no telling what they could turn into

Comment

I say choot it if you're happy with it. Only you can decide what's a trophy and that will change over the years.

IMO, most of us that hunt small pastures with many neighbors can't get too hung up on age. Go out have fun and kill deer, at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    I say choot it if you're happy with it. Only you can decide what's a trophy and that will change over the years.

IMO, most of us that hunt small pastures with many neighbors can't get too hung up on age. Go out have fun and kill deer, at the end of the day that's what it's all about.
                    Thanks to all who had input, and yeah I'm going for the 8 this year hope to get the 6 in a couple years if he's still out there. And many does for me to fill the freezer!

Comment

Working...
                    X