McMullen County TC Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
    TildenHunter....where are you in relation to Tilden? We're about halfway between Tilden and 97 off of 72....if you're proximity is close enough, I may have to come kidnap that axis....sure looks fun!

We are back East of Tilden off of HWY 72.

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
          You on that place with the oil rigs on it? We need a Max's meet and greet!
          I think our place is barren of oil and gas

We are near the SWD facility off 72.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            Not sure what deer that is. Based on the size of his head, he is old. Looks like a mule head. He is getting killed if we get a chance. I'm thinking he is at least 6 this year.
            He looks like a beast to me!

Comment

Hunter, Glad the pressure got to you and you finally posted some pics. Your deer look fantastic. If that's just one feeder can't wait to see what you find at the others. You have 2-3 top end mature brusiers in there but I would be super excited about how big the young ones are in the pic. Great 6x6 frames. Love that Monster 10. Fantastic deer you guys are really going in the right direction and fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaicreekranch View Post
                Hunter, Glad the pressure got to you and you finally posted some pics. Your deer look fantastic. If that's just one feeder can't wait to see what you find at the others. You have 2-3 top end mature brusiers in there but I would be super excited about how big the young ones are in the pic. Great 6x6 frames. Love that Monster 10. Fantastic deer you guys are really going in the right direction and fast!
                Thanks Jeff. Doesn't really matter what the young ones look like because they are all on the hitlist this year. My dad decided to put improved genetics on the place so we are going to do our best to start from scratch with the herd. We had great genetics to start with but have decided to push the envelope. We have shown improvement over the 10 years that we have owned the place but we are looking for a change. We are still trying to grow large framed typical deer with the new genetics. Nothing (other then exotics) has ever been released on the place but we are going to change that after this season. Next couple of years should be pretty interesting but hopefully 160-200" will be the norm instead of the exception. I know it isn't for everyone and that is ok. We just feel like we can do big things with our ranch and will be able to enjoy it for years to come. Long winded response to DEER BETTER WATCH THEIR A** THIS SEASON!

Comment

Hunter that's awesome. I wish I would have done that on my place from the start. I have a much smaller place and would have been easier to do. Sounds like in 3-4 years the best bucks you have on camera will become management deer. Good luck sir, sounds like the work starts October.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaicreekranch View Post
                    Hunter that's awesome. I wish I would have done that on my place from the start. I have a much smaller place and would have been easier to do. Sounds like in 3-4 years the best bucks you have on camera will become management deer. Good luck sir, sounds like the work starts October.
                    That's the plan. We are using Split Arrow's method/game plan and see if we can duplicate their results. If we get to their level, I think we would all consider it a Win.

Comment

Jealous of them bucks and I'd take that Axis in a heartbeat

Comment

One I was looking for.

Comment

Really good looking deer!

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looks great.. I'm up for adoption if you need some help with those

Comment

Like the 6x6s, sounds like you all are taking some drastic measures. Hope all works out for you, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X