Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos County age and score

One of a group of four.

Sorry about picture quality. Took pic of computer screen with my phone. Don't have a broadside shot that I know of.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CityLimitSlayr; 08-21-2014, 11:42 AM.

My gut reaction is that that ins't a very old deer. Would like a side view though.

LWD

Comment

I gotta agree with LWD....

CityLimit....when last we spoke you were hunting not too far from me. Has development gotten your hunting ground yet?

Comment

id say 4...118-122

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
          I gotta agree with LWD....

CityLimit....when last we spoke you were hunting not too far from me. Has development gotten your hunting ground yet?
          Hey Rogue,

yeah just down the road i believe. no it hasn't yet, but it's getting closer than i would like.

will try and get a side profile soon, i should have waited before posting, but was excited about finally seeing some horn!

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
            id say 4...118-122
            This ^^^^^^^

Comment

Is it still in velvet? I can't tell from the picture. If it is, that would affect my guestimated score.

LWD

Comment

4 1/2 & 125"

Comment

On the above mentioned age/score guesses....and before I proceed let me say that I'm NOT trying to start an AR argument here, just stating what I have observed.

In this area, I have noticed SOME deer that had antlers that showed width that was disproportionate to their antler mass, or tine length. I've seen deer that were 16+inches of width but tine length was no longer than my thumb, on any tine. Very odd.

I'm not sure why that is, I'm guessing genetics, but SOME deer in this area are prone to width rather than tine length or mass, which has caused some younger deer to be killed in my area...*coughs*

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
                    On the above mentioned age/score guesses....and before I proceed let me say that I'm NOT trying to start an AR argument here, just stating what I have observed.

In this area, I have noticed SOME deer that had antlers that showed width that was disproportionate to their antler mass, or tine length. I've seen deer that were 16+inches of width but tine length was no longer than my thumb, on any tine. Very odd.

I'm not sure why that is, I'm guessing genetics, but SOME deer in this area are prone to width rather than tine length or mass, which has caused some younger deer to be killed in my area...*coughs*
                    I hear ya! I've got a buddy that hunts down hwy 6 a few miles from me that has completely different genetics!

Comment

Working...
                    X