At what age would you cull this buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what age would you cull this buck.

This buck is the only kinda reg deer on our place. A few people has said to cull him that he is never gonna amount to anything with those short tines. But he is wide and young. Will his points always be real short if so my wife want to shoot a deer this year anyways.

Looks to young to cull right now IMO.

Comment

too young. Let her shoot a doe.

Comment

To young and i think he will be a freak in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
          too young. Let her shoot a doe.
          She said she is either shooting a buck or nothing I tried

Comment

Thats what mine said too and then she shot a doe with her bow and was happy as all get out.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischop04 View Post
              She said she is either shooting a buck or nothing I tried
              Hmm, looks like she might be going empty handed if you don't think he needs to be shot....

As for the deer, he is very young and I would probably let him walk for another year, unless I just saw him too many times and had no other potential targets. I'm sure he might turn into a freak nasty one of these days, but I doubt he will ever be a true symmetrical buck with any tine length to him. Inferior genetics I guess you could say.... Or at least that's my opinion on it.

Comment

Not now....hes a baby!!

Comment

Too young for our place.

Comment

I would probably wait till November if no other bucks show up that are true Culls than by all means let her kill a deer after all isn't that what we're all after anyways pretty easy for hunting to get boring if nobody let you kill anything

Comment

If he looks like that next year, kill him. This year he should get a pass because like mentioned above, he is too young. He has some cool things going on his right side. He might end up being a really nice deer. You will never know if you shoot him this year.

Comment

Looks like a future non typical to me.

Comment

He still has milk on his lips! No way I would shoot him Chris....he could turn into another Moby

Comment

In my opinion that deer is not young and should be gone

Comment

Checked a card to a diff can last night looks like he is getting around my place some. Or at least I think it's the same buck

Comment

Working...
                              X