Kerr Co Low Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr Co Low Fence

Got a friend looking at a place in Kerr Co. Does anyone have any low fence game camera pictures in Kerr Co?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty nice bucks in this thread, considering the horrible range conditions. Describing the drought as severe would be an understatement. Expect some axis to be around too.

Last edited by JMalin; 08-18-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I'm thinking it's probably the standard hill country deer- nice ones maxing out in the top of 140s.

Comment

We are right on the edge of Kerr county. I will be at the lease over labor day and will be sure to post pictures but out lease is in better shape then it has been in years. Good timely rains. We are just west of 290 and 479.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
          Thanks. Yeah I'm thinking it's probably the standard hill country deer- nice ones maxing out in the top of 140s.
          There was a booner killed in neighboring Gillespie county a couple years ago...

I wouldn't say it's typical, but if you've got the land, groceries, and good neighbors, you'd be surprised the kind of animals the hill country can put out.

Comment

Not Kerr, but just north near Junction. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1408456588028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24322953Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1408456601411.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	24322954Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1408456614055.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24322958

Comment

I have hunted in Kerr County for over 20 years. Generally speaking, I think you will see a wide range of deer on low-fenced properties. There are some places where you won't see many bucks that score over 120. However, you may have some areas that have bucks that go 150+. I think it depends on the size of the ranch, how it is managed, how the neighbors manage their ranches, and the weather/forage conditions.

Comment

There are a lot of critters in that country that get out of high fences. You just never know what you will kill. There is a wide variety. Big,high scoring native WT deer are not the norm by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                  There was a booner killed in neighboring Gillespie county a couple years ago...

I wouldn't say it's typical, but if you've got the land, groceries, and good neighbors, you'd be surprised the kind of animals the hill country can put out.
                  I remember reading the story of this deer. Made the cover of TTHA magazine. A testament of what is possible in the Hill Country with good management practices and mother nature cooperation.

Comment

Some awesome deer in those photos!

Comment

Working...
                    X