• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, definately God's gift to bowhunters

Comment

I want to find a big male for full body mount

Comment

Never eaten one but I've heard a lot of the bad taste comes from when the hide(and stinky glands) touches the meat

Comment

We see em every year on our place down in McMullen County. They're popular quarry with guests, and I bagged a couple as a teen. I'd take one with my bow, given the opportunity. Never been able to make em taste good, but they make a cool European mount.

They can get aggressive and they don't see too good... I carry a sidearm in the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Remchesterby View Post
            They can get aggressive and they don't see too good... I carry a sidearm in the brush.
            no joke. On a boyscout camp when I was a kid at someones ranch, we heard some rustling in the bushes. Thought some pigs were running through camp, only to find out it was javelinas, and they were ******! chomping their jaws at us while we got up on picnic tables and threw rocks at them (no one had a gun). It seemed like they almost planned attacks... One would keep our attention while the others snuck around the flanked us. after 5 or 10 minutes, they left. It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there.

Comment

I was bit one time an old farmer had some as pets when I was working on his house they came behind me an tore into my leg. Hated them ever since. Only animal that has bitten me an lived

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                I was bit one time an old farmer had some as pets when I was working on his house they came behind me an tore into my leg. Hated them ever since. Only animal that has bitten me an lived

I don't think I would call those pets. Maybe just semi used to people.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                  They make great pets!!!
                  Your crazy
                  A few ok but 10-20 they gotta go...

Comment

I don't care for them. As table fare or a game animal.

Comment

I think they are cool, make neat mounts, and are fun to hunt.

Got a wall pedestal at the taxi right now.
                      Did the euro myself.

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
                        Your crazy

A few ok but 10-20 they gotta go...

Gotta love our ranch pets but that's as far as it goes!

As said above, god created the javelina for bow hunters. My favorite animal to shoot with a bow!

Comment

Working...
                        X