• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I likes him...

Comment

beast

Comment

I think I remember you saying he was out of the Berry line?

Nice deer

Comment

Cost

Originally posted by Stroke View Post
          That is one beautiful buck. If you don't mind me asking... how much does a breeder buck like that cost?
          Go ATM!!

That is a hard question to answer. I have not sold but a couple so far and the industry varies from year to year. Lineage of the buck, whether or not he is a proven producer and from a proven line, and the bucks "look" dictate market price. That being said, no price list, kinda depends on both parties, seller and buyer both being comfortable. I have to say if I had to buy him, I could not afford him.
          I chose very selective does and bred back with the genes I liked with artificial insemination to (all Marty Berry genetics). Even for the guys with lots of bucks, I think he is a stand out for they frame, typical appearance (he will throw a few kickers), but if his tine length does what I think it will in next 3 weeks, his typical frame could push 220. All that said, i dont think I can afford to sell him, as he will be my foundation buck for a few years. Hoping his sons will have a similar look and then make it easier to sell him. I only have 16 bucks with some other lookers that I like, but he is a real standout.

I'm hoping somebody likes him more than me and throws a number out that makes me sweat, and have no option but to sell. So for the industry he may be worth less than what it would take to buy him from me, if that makes any sense at all.

Comment

He does have the "Marty Berry" look. Big framed!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaicreekranch View Post
              Thanks Hunter (and everyone else for the kind words). How are things going at your place? I know you had bought a second place and had some deer. I have not been able to keep up with the GS as much as I would like.

Are you planning to have an amzaing hunting season that can comparet to last year for you? Mulies again? How is the Tilden ranch population looking.

Here are a few older pics from our new place. Things are coming along. Just taking a little while to get there.

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

So are you going to get semen from him and sell? or will you just let him breed your does? I always wondered what the risk was handling a deer like this. He just gets bigger and bigger the more you look...

Comment

Beautiful stud of a buck

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      So are you going to get semen from him and sell? or will you just let him breed your does? I always wondered what the risk was handling a deer like this. He just gets bigger and bigger the more you look...
                      I am have collected him and have to decide if the risk of collection (can aspirate, get pneumona and die or never recover physically and antler growth never come back) but having his semen is insurance against his injury or death. I am also live breeding him for couple of guys who are bringing their does to my pens.

Comment

I'd be grabbing as many straws as you can from him.....you have natural risks too..even with live breeding (some say thats more stressfull on him than grabbing semen)...
                        id do whatever i could to insure his genes can be preserved and the liniage improved on even more...
                        is he an AI baby? whos the liniage? top and bottom?
                        beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          I'd be grabbing as many straws as you can from him.....you have natural risks too..even with live breeding (some say thats more stressfull on him than grabbing semen)...
                          id do whatever i could to insure his genes can be preserved and the liniage improved on even more...
                          is he an AI baby? whos the liniage? top and bottom?
                          beautiful
                          All my bucks are originally from AI. He will be my main focus next couple of years as a breeder. Top side his sire is a buck called Gimongus (all my deer and AI bucks are from Marty Berry/Cola Blanca Genetics). Gimongus at 2 had an 8x8 frame with 2 big flyers and a gross typcial score of 241 and nontypical of 264, 26 inside and 28 inch beams. He has thrown some other huge bucks for Chad Herrington who bought him. ON the dam side is Marty's Monkey line.

Comment

Heck of a buck!!!

Comment

He knows that he is a studd

Comment

Working...
                              X