TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
    Just took a peek at a Idaho Non resident trapping license, 301 and change is not to bad..

Let me know when your coming up. Defiantly make more on furs up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
      Let me know when your coming up. Defiantly make more on furs up here.
      I wished I could, but my gas money would eat me alive!!

I have a huge amount of land in Oklahoma to trap and a free place to stay and its 345.00 for a NR trappers license..

My whole problem is time ...there is never enough time especially with my trapping lines here in Texas.

Thinking about tossing the idea to a couple of shows and see what happens..

Comment

I wished I could, but my gas money would eat me alive!!

I have a huge amount of land in Oklahoma to trap and a free place to stay and its 345.00 for a NR trappers license..

My whole problem is time ...there is never enough time especially with my trapping lines here in Texas.

Thinking about tossing the idea to a couple of shows and see what happens..

That would be cool. It's not worth getting a non res license in another state bc they limit what you can trap as far as cats.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          There is a heavy population where we trap so hopefully there will be some takes. Trail cams will have to be set as well

Let me know if it does

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
            That would be cool. It's not worth getting a non res license in another state bc they limit what you can trap as far as cats.
            Never heard of that, here is what Oklahoma regs are:

A nonresident fur license(bobcat-raccoon-river otter-gray/red fox license) is required for all persons who take these species by any means (trapping, firearms or archery). Such license is valid Dec. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014

Dates & Open Areas
            Dec. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014; statewide.

Limits
            •Bobcat:No daily limit, season limit 20, possession limit 20 per license.
            •Gray Fox / Red Foxaily combined limit two, with no more than one red fox. Season combined limit six, with no more than two red fox.
            •Raccoon: Daily limit 10, season limit 40, possession limit 40 per license.
            •Other species: No limit

Now that I did my Oklahoma homework, it is not worth going up there to trap unless its a bobcat, coyote line. I would reach my season limit in coons the first 4 days!!!

Comment

TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Yeah see if I was to trap out in say Nevada or Utah my cat limit is 5. Though I can trap as many other animals as I want though. It's not worth it when I have lines going up here and the travel it would take to check those too. In Idaho we can only take 2 otters but there are no set limits on anything else. Just no trapping of wolverines or lynx. I may go after coons this year if I can touch base with this guy that will buy them whole.

Comment

Just to the west of town you have the Brazos river..
                Can I walk it or do I have to use a boat

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbillie View Post
                  Can I walk it or do I have to use a boat
                  You could park at one of the bridges and walk or use a boat, I use a 17ft Coleman canoe with a trolling motor setup on it..

But before I got the boat I set the river by doing a TON of walking for miles..

I posted river information up above for another trapper, you might want to review that for the legal aspect of trapping the river.

Comment

He has bought some great lures and baits.....he has to hide them in a cooler to keep the smell down in the shop,
                    That is great to know that he has lure/bait also. I plan to get some closer to when I am ready to trap...... And no reason to stink up the house

I saw a couple other things when I was walking out that I need to get the next time I am in there

Comment

Thanks tuff, do you know anywhere to get traps in Katy I'm gonna try to get more

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbillie View Post
                        Thanks tuff, do you know anywhere to get traps in Katy I'm gonna try to get more

I sure don't brother but I bet if you give Nate at Buckstop (Tbh sponsor) a call he could get you set up and ship to you..

Comment

Will do thanks again tuff

Comment

Put out 2 dog-free coon traps at a protein feeder, caught 2 the first night.

Comment

Originally posted by mills650 View Post
                              Put out 2 dog-free coon traps at a protein feeder, caught 2 the first night.
                              Congrats!!

Comment

Just bought an old 14' fiberglass Sears and Roebuck canoe for a $100 last night. Leak tested it tonight and found a bunch of cracks and leaks but it will be easy to fix

Comment

Working...
                                X