Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious I can't see what's on the pan very good what brand are they

Comment

They're both Dukes the coil says 1.5 CS and the LS says 11#.

I made out either way with the DP traps but I'm really hoping these will work for some yotes. I ended up with two of each, if anything, they'll provide a learning opportunity.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

I prefer the #3 or #4 for coyotes

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          Thanks for the info guys.

I don't quiet follow this part. Did you mean it will wear out and loose latching strenght after a few yotes have been pulling and twisting on it after being caught???

Thanks again.
          Well I was guessing those were #2, but they're even smaller. But like was said a coyote will bend and flex traps enough to pull the jaws out of the base and I've had some that bent way more than that. Those 1.5's are good for most coon, possum and such, will also hold on to fox pretty good, about half the cats and coyotes that come by aren't going to put their foot inside that little bitty catch circle and those that do are apt to pull it apart. Go over to wolfernation.com and watch some of Clint Locklears videos, you don't need to buy those high priced traps he uses, but I would recomend a #3 sized trap or at least a beefed up 1.75 or #2, but even those last two will give it up after awhile.

Comment

I was going to look up those sizes an see the jaw spread but I got busy

Comment

Pulled all traps today cept for my live traps

Comment

Got my last 9 coon put up and drying should be dry by Sunday when NAFA guy comes by to pick them all up! Good luck to all you guys that are sending fur to the action! Can't wait till next season to see how the market is and how the wildlife have benefited from our trapping! Let me know how you do in the sales here! Thanks for the thread!

Comment

Got 2 more rats with the connibear in the garage last night.

Suckers are bad this year for some reason, made 3 for the month. Open on 2 sides and nothing to eat for them in garage

Never had to before but guess I am going to be putting out poison blocks, just have to make some bait stations out of PVC to keep the dogs and other critters safe

Comment

Sorry for being absent, I had a huge opportunity and took it..We have had a limited amount of traps out mainly for pest removal locally.

The kids did pretty dang good with their NAFA grading and we are super happy with our first year to ship to NAFA and not selling green, wished I would have done this 20 years sooner!

All the cats we sent so far have did really well except one being damaged, Had one go Select and all 1's...extra pale and pale..

Still have a pile of fur to get to Sterlen this coming weekend.....and still have a small pile in the freezer that I was not able to get too.

Comment

Tuffbroadhead can you re-post the paint dip (from Page 1) that you made for your traps? The pics are gone and I thought I remember you using a specific kind of paint/acetone mixture. I want to paint some new yote traps I just bought. Thanks!
                      Last edited by TexasLongball; 03-31-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                        Tuffbroadhead can you re-post the paint dip (from Page 1) that you made for your traps? The pics are gone and I thought I remember you using a specific kind of paint/acetone mixture. I want to paint some new yote traps I just bought. Thanks!
                        I believe he dyed them. You can go to page 11 and see how our dyed traps turned out.

Let them get a good coat of rust, get a pot of water simmering, add dye and add traps (I forget how long, 30 minutes?). If you want to wax them just add the wax once finished dying, it will melt and have a thin layer on the top of the simmering water. Dip the traps in individually and pull up at a slow even rate.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          I believe he dyed them. You can go to page 11 and see how our dyed traps turned out.

Let them get a good coat of rust, get a pot of water simmering, add dye and add traps (I forget how long, 30 minutes?). If you want to wax them just add the wax once finished dying, it will melt and have a thin layer on the top of the simmering water. Dip the traps in individually and pull up at a slow even rate.
                          No, he dipped them in paint

TexasLongball try searching this forum and the Campfire, seems he posted something separate
                          He also posted the how to on trapperman.com I think

Comment

It was 1gallon of rustolem rusty metal primer and one gallon of flat black.
                            Then and enough acetone to thin it. I used about a quart.
                            The brand was rustoleum professonal. They turned out real nice. Thanks ot Dale for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              No, he dipped them in paint

TexasLongball try searching this forum and the Campfire, seems he posted something separate
                              He also posted the how to on trapperman.com I think
                              Whoops Jumped the trigger without re reading

Comment

After you dip, dye, or whatever a dip of "Full Metal Jacket" will make it last for several seasons longer than leaving them plain. For us it's worth the extra few bucks to not have to redo every trap every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X