No announcement yet.

TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big cat...trying to catch one just like it.

Comment

Nice cat

I might not be too good at catching coyotes but I have been wearing the rats out

110 conibear in a box with peanut butter for bait

Comment

I just bought my first connibear this last weekend them dang pack rats are driving me nuts lol

Comment

Hey Eric, bring yourself over here and get with Ethan, he's turned into a rat trapping little dude, he tears 'em up out there around the chicken pens. He's got some of those little conibears with about 3" circle.

Comment

That's cool have to do that or send me a pic. Be awhile for I get that way

Comment

Got another big ol rat last night

110 conibear in a cubby set made out of 1x6 scarp boards

Comment

Looks like a Christmas card don't it?

Comment

I count 2 possums and at least 4 raccoons

BTW your inspection sticker has been out nearly a year

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    I count 2 possums and at least 4 raccoons

BTW your inspection sticker has been out nearly a year

5 coons, 2 opossums. I drive about 5 min to work everyday. If they want me they can have me lol

Comment

I figured there were some more coons hiding in that pile

Figured the Jeep had not left the place

Comment

Hey Dale, can you splain the difference between these two traps? I found them along with some DP traps CHEAP on the ole inner-web.

I bought these to double my effectiveness when overnighting at the lease in the off-season. I call with a decoy and have a bit of luck on the yotes but figure a few traps would help and be some fun along the way.

I included a coffee mug in the pic for scale. The only thing that I can say is that the one on the left is easier to set.
                        Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not dale. But the main difference is the spring system. I know that's the obvious but in that it's also the way the springs help catch. The lil coil spring will jump more out of the bed once sprung. The long spring less so. Still both very effective traps. I still use alot of the old long springs

Comment

I'm not Dale either. but like Eric said the primary difference is one is compact (easier to bed and transport), IMO coil spring traps seem to lose strength over time faster than ls, I wouldn't recomend latching on to a coyote with either of those, it's not going to take many to cause them to come from together. Now that I've said that your kids will probably still be using those traps years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              , I wouldn't recomend latching on to a coyote with either of those, it's not going to take many to cause them to come from together.
                              Thanks for the info guys.

I don't quiet follow this part. Did you mean it will wear out and loose latching strenght after a few yotes have been pulling and twisting on it after being caught???

Thanks again.

Comment

What I can see if you look at where the jaws are attached to the base of the trap you see that ends just come straight thru. Since the trap jaws are not laminated the steel they are made of is soft an will bend. After they bend they will come rite out of the holes in the base. Ope that makes sense. Big bore coons an coyotes are very hard on traps. But you can fix those. Look at some of jc Conners stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X